No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere still selling the n7 edition, i left it too late to re order i think after game cancelled my order i placed months ago :S

Comment

If they do genuinely close that will be yet another blow to the high street, we'll have nothing left but boarded up properties and pound shops in a few years at this rate. I'll really miss being able to walk into a shop and actually be able to browse games, found a number of great little titles I'd never heard of that way. All the independant game shops have closed round here over the last few years so that really will leave just HMV.

Buying from Amazon or Play may save a few pounds here and there but I can't help but think that people aren't thinking about the resulting costs to their local community and the associated downward trend it can cause.

Comment

There's always grainger games..... above the midlands

Comment

I personally drive about 15 miles to an indie when I don't buy online sure it's a little more but do game, hmv or any others actively stock MD, Snes, Neo and others didn't think so but I'm lucky I live near it seeing how rare good indies are nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
            Anywhere still selling the n7 edition, i left it too late to re order i think after game cancelled my order i placed months ago :S
            Looks like the PC and 360 versions are all gone.
            Amazon, play and blockbuster still has the ps3 version for pre order.

Comment

curse you game

Comment

Play did have plenty in stock this morning when I ordered mine and mentioned it on here.

At the very least you should have placed a second order rather than wait for your first to be canceled. I guess there's a chance more will be made after launch but I wouldn't put too much money down for a bet.

Comment

I actually feel a little for yesteryeargames in this situation. The first I heard of this was when I got home around 5.30pm and I'm lucky I logged onto the Internet pretty much straight away instead of cooking dinner and stuff first. By that time Play, Shopto andZavvi had already pre-sold their 360 CE allocation.

Luckily I think I've managed to snag 2 copies from Amazon (one for me, one for a friend who I knew wouldn't get an order made in time) but I could just as easily have missed out on this (despite putting my GAME pre-order down back in September) purely by not having access to gaming websites whilst at work.

Considering this all kicked off around lunchtime today, it's not unfeasible that many people would have been in a similar situation.

Comment

To me it's when EB group got greedy with tradin prices for resale and selling preowned at 5 less. Julian and Steve would never have done that with game exchange/ original game station. We need a reboot, back to old style indies of a group that actually care about there customers and won't rip them off.

Comment

Zavvi already sticking the boot in....double points on all EA game purchases. TBH I didnt even know they did a reward scheme...

Comment

Zavvi Rewards has literally just started.

If GAME go bust and put the name rights up for grabs I will bet anyone ?10 someone will buy it. If it were cheap enough I'd buy it.

Comment

It's just started this week

Rewardz - that's enough to show how the nation is starting to slip

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            It's just started this week

Rewardz - that's enough to show how the nation is starting to slip
                            I though anything ending with a z instead of an s was code for pirate goods

Comment

it's a beacon for braindead idiots

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                I actually feel a little for yesteryeargames in this situation. The first I heard of this was when I got home around 5.30pm and I'm lucky I logged onto the Internet pretty much straight away instead of cooking dinner and stuff first. By that time Play, Shopto andZavvi had already pre-sold their 360 CE allocation.

Luckily I think I've managed to snag 2 copies from Amazon (one for me, one for a friend who I knew wouldn't get an order made in time) but I could just as easily have missed out on this (despite putting my GAME pre-order down back in September) purely by not having access to gaming websites whilst at work.

Considering this all kicked off around lunchtime today, it's not unfeasible that many people would have been in a similar situation.
                                D?j? vu.

First I heard of it was when I got home to check my mails, as I had literally no internet connection throughout the day at work. Even 3G is pap.
                                Checked the usual places (zavvi/ play etc) and all were out. As a last resort checked Amazon and snagged a couple before they ran out of preorders.

Comment

Working...
                                X