No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any mega-bargains on Game's site that I should be aware of? I hate to be that guy, but I've got about ?16 on my card, which could probably do with being cashed out. Top that off with a ?5 voucher they've just given for cancelling my Mass Effect pre-order and I'm guessing I can get something worthwhile.

Comment

PSN or LIVE points?

Comment

This is a disaster. So sad to see the end coming for them now. I had near enough ?400 on a gamestation gift card and blew it all last week on a Vita and new 3ds. If this situation wasn't happening I would have hung onto a chunk of that credit for future games. Good luck to all the staff affected by this. I dread them closing down. Reminds me of the toy/model shop crash in the 90's when they disappeared from the high streets. If you want a decent selection of model kits now you have to go online or to a Modelzone in a big town

Comment

On the plus side if GameStop buy them out which is rumoured on MCV at the moment hopefully the staff will keep their jobs

Last edited by ETC; 29-02-2012, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
            Meh you got me excited, just checked and cash is ?18 and trade is ?23...
            Ha changed since yesterday sorry fella

Comment

It is quite sad. I still prefer paying a little extra in store with discussion of the game rather then just ordering it online and risk the posibility of a delayed shipment and I have that terrible luck where my orders mess up a lot -_-

Just popped into my local game and they had both the 16GB card as well as Amalur but I just got the card for now, they're charging ?35 for Amalur but my PC needs a good clean up before I'll play the game and frankly I dunno when that'll be done.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                On the plus side if GameStop buy them out which is rumoured on MCV at the moment hopefully the staff will keep their jobs

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/aussi...on-game/091962
                They would only buy them out if they went into Administration though, people would still lose jobs as they would most likely ditch the unsucessful stores.

Comment

I certainly hope it gets bought out. High street is dying as it is, this would simply put another nail in the coffin...

To be fair Game do need to loose staff they have too many in as it is and with minimal margins and poor stock selection, this was always going to happen sooner rather then later.

Comment

A Gamestop buyout would be bad news for everyone - the gamestop high ups are just as greedy as GAME group's.

Expect prices on games to remain stupidly high and no doubt we'll end up with this exact same situation a year or so down the road.

Don't even see why Gamestop would be interested, they put to death their high street presence in the UK and Ireland. The GAME brand is severely damaged and it would take a lot of work to restore faith in it, work that I don't see them putting in.

Comment

well, im just saying from a standpoint of a gaming store or no gaming store...

Comment

I for one hope they can struggle through, something has to change but I have used game for all my console launches since the 360, and have even made shop purchases in bricks and mortar places.

I hope all you Game workers are alright.

Comment

I don't agree that the Game brand is severely damaged. To us here maybe but to the average joe (not to be confused with our j0e) it's the first place you go for games new and used.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            I for one hope they can struggle through, something has to change but I have used game for all my console launches since the 360, and have even made shop purchases in bricks and mortar places.

I hope all you Game workers are alright.
                            That's the sad thing though, nothing will change. Prices will only rise with the times as opposed to lower - corporate greed is a tragic thing. The brand is damaged, perhaps beyond repair. Every gaming website I've visited today has had droves of people acknowledging the end is in sight and while I highly sympathize with Teddy and all the other decent, knowledgeable staff, I for one won't miss the bright purple blot of GAME and depressing grey, stench ridden den that is Gamestation from our high streets.

Times are only going to get rougher, and GAME group has remained firmly in the past, a time when the ?49.99 retail price was acceptable to charge for a new release. Now it can only hope to survive by becoming more competitive with Supermarkets and the likes of amazon, and even that may not be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              I don't agree that the Game brand is severely damaged. To us here maybe but to the average joe (not to be confused with our j0e) it's the first place you go for games new and used.
                              And yet major publishers refuse to deal with them. I'd be quite interested to know what your idea of severely damaged equates to. A flesh consuming virus slowly destroying any and all associated with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                                And yet major publishers refuse to deal with them. I'd be quite interested to know what your idea of severely damaged equates to.
                                I'm talking about sustomers refusing to buy things from a shop with that brand. That's damaging. You can't expect the public to understand that they've been taken over and are being run by a totally new organisation. That would kill the brand. But...

If the brand "Game" gets taken over by, for example, Richard Branson, then EA and Nintendo will very quickly forget the past and happily deal with Game once more.

Comment

Working...
                                X