No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be why the Americans are so fond of spelling with it.

(sorry, was too easy, I have nothing against most Americans!)

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      Anywhere still selling the n7 edition, i left it too late to re order i think after game cancelled my order i placed months ago :S
      With lots of people ordering from more than one store online expected a few to appear around the launch, due to cancelled orders, missed out myself as well.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

I'd be interested to hear what sort of training (on the gaming side, not the sales side) employees are given.
        Sadly, there's not much training on the game side of things, unless something has drastically changed since I worked at GAME/Gamestation. Just a slight interest in gaming is required. There's a clear focus on customer service and pushing certain products instead (accessories, pre-owned and so on).

However, I did work under a couple of managers who made it their mission to find staff who knew what they were doing and talking about. Incidentally, I really enjoyed working at Gamestation during that period and did really well too. We had a laugh with each other and the customers, was great. This was way before GAME takeover, obviously.

Comment

UPDATE: GAME Group has issued a note to shareholders in an attempt to calm concern over its ability to stock new games.…

GAME tries to downplay the EA situation, wouldn't say it works.

Comment

As a friend pointed out to me today, I doubt they'll be against selling second hand copies of the games they're not stocking new...

Comment

No, they keep wording it like they have decided not to stock EA games rather than EA not wanting to stock them. I doubt they can come back from this, interesting that Gamestop is sniffing around as I thought they where in a similar situation.

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...uy-game-report

GAME tries to downplay the EA situation, wouldn't say it works.

Comment

GameStop have started taking preorders for the n7 edition.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
                  No, they keep wording it like they have decided not to stock EA games rather than EA not wanting to stock them.
                  In fairness, I don't think any company would do anything other than put a brave face on things. If they said "we're screwed", wouldn't that cause uproar among their shareholders?

Comment

Sainsburysentertainment are getting some N7 editions as well, a bit more expensive than the others, but hey if you are desperate. Seems like they only have the 360 and PS3 versions, no PC version unfortunately.

Don't know if it was posted up yet, http://www.ea.com/uk/1/mass-effect-3-update-1 worth checking and see if any other shops will be added to the list

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                      In fairness, I don't think any company would do anything other than put a brave face on things. If they said "we're screwed", wouldn't that cause uproar among their shareholders?
                      Would GAME's share price dropping by 15% not already indicate that said shareholder uproar has already been caused?

Comment

My local shop arent getting standard street fighter x tekken either only the collectors edition

Comment

Well seem big roller BOUGHT 3,400,000 shares @ 4.79p at 16:41 today. So that's ?163.20k !! Those type of buys are based on knowledge with what's going on behind the scenes. No one takes a punt with that amount of cash without awareness of the likely scenario that will befall Game.

Comment

I'd say that would be pretty small potatoes for an investment firm myself, could be purely speculative.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                              Well seem big roller BOUGHT 3,400,000 shares @ 4.79p at 16:41 today. So that's ?163.20k !! Those type of buys are based on knowledge with what's going on behind the scenes. No one takes a punt with that amount of cash without awareness of the likely scenario that will befall Game.
                              i refer back to my conspiracy theory earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                                No they're not, because that's illegal.

Comment

Working...
                                X