No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went into GAME today to see if I could buy Final Fantasy XIII-2. They had the pre-order pack behind the counter, I asked if I could have it with my game (?44!!!) - but they said I could if I bought the ?15 strategy guide.

I said: "No, it's ok, I'll go to another store." and walked out. Sale lost. Good riddance Game, you bunch of morons.

Comment

Apparently if you pay ?5.00 for express postage they can't be arsed to send it out if you order after 1pm.

Comment

I feel sorry for the frontline guys, many of whom are gamers and quite knowledgable on the topic and just trying to make a wage, who get vilified for enacting the ****ed-up business model that the money-grabbing higher-ups have visited upon customer, staff and industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          I feel sorry for the frontline guys, many of whom are gamers and quite knowledgable on the topic and just trying to make a wage, who get vilified for enacting the ****ed-up business model that the money-grabbing higher-ups have visited upon customer, staff and industry.
          Cheers!

Comment

Went to buy a 3DS, but didn't have any in stock :/

Comment

Went to buy Saturn Radiant Silvergun, but didn't have it in stock. Seriously not looking good, guys.

Comment

It is easy to forget that most game staff are ok and of course just doing their job. But when buying a new 3DS game, to suggest to trade in your 3DS, Wii and 360 to get enough to get a Vita outright is just plain stupid. This happened to my mate last week and he was utterly baffled about it.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  It is easy to forget that most game staff are ok and of course just doing their job. But when buying a new 3DS game, to suggest to trade in your 3DS, Wii and 360 to get enough to get a Vita outright is just plain stupid. This happened to my mate last week and he was utterly baffled about it.
                  To be fair several people are saying GAME are on the ropes etc so it's only natural that staff may be worried about it too. If they've been led to believe or come to the conclusion themselves that the success of the VITA & their sales overall is linked to the survival of their branch, well it's natural they might be over-zealous in their approach to pre-orders etc.

Comment

Guy got really ****ty with me in Game yesterday because Uncharted on the Vita didn't impress me. I think he was trying to sell it to someone else at the time!
                    Uncharted on any console doesn't impress me so your not the only one in that boat. I also had a guy in game get a bit ****ty years and years ago when i traded in some games that he loved and he started having a go saying that i shouldn't be trading those games in because thy were all great!

Comment

I'd have made a really ****ty comment back. Lol.

Like: "Oh I imported a Vita early and it really didn't impress me, back to the PlayStation 2."

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I'd have made a really ****ty comment back. Lol.

Like: "Oh I imported a Vita early and it really didn't impress me, back to the PlayStation 2."
                        As tempting as that is. You have to understand the pressure staff are under to get pre sales.
                        It's a rough time for anyone in retail at present.

Comment

Working in Retail is a horrible, I'm glad i'm not in it anymore. They expect the world of you but don't pay you enough. Tis rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Working in Retail is a horrible, I'm glad i'm not in it anymore. They expect the world of you but don't pay you enough. Tis rubbish
                            And yet people still bitch about us trying to do our jobs. A polite "no thanks" is all that's required. Sarcy comments or rudeness really don't make our jobs any easier to do.

Thing is, I don't know what else I would do in terms of a career.

Comment

Ay, that's all I do. They come over, ask if I need anything, and I say 'no thanks, I'm fine'. And that's it. They might ask if I have a reward card when I buy something, but I don't think anyone has ever tried to hard sell me anything in GAME.

Comment

Of course if I'm asked for help I politely decline but I don't take well to situations described by Nakamura. I was asking for a certain pad in CeX the other week to be asked "are you serious?" I was like, is that your business?

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X