No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torment: Tides of Numenera (a spiritual successor to the classic RPG Planescape: Torment) Kickstarter has begun today with a bang. Almost $50,000 has already been donated of the goal of $900,000 total. $20 gets you the digital version.

This is so *beep* pledged!

Comment

thats a must for me planescape is one of my fav rpgs

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ke...growing?c=home skull girls dlc project still seems alot of money needed for characters but at least they give a breakdown of what the money goes to

Really wish they would spend some of the money to improvements to the base game though

Comment

Damn. Project Awakened just failed :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Torment: Tides of Numenera (a spiritual successor to the classic RPG Planescape: Torment) Kickstarter has begun today with a bang. Almost $50,000 has already been donated of the goal of $900,000 total. $20 gets you the digital version.

This is so *beep* pledged!

already over a million now

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Damn. Project Awakened just failed :-(
            Course it did, try something new and fail.
            That's Kickstarter in a nut shell.
            Seriously though you got to get that hype train rolling and don't think many people were catching onto this, even though it was a solid project. Lots of people didn't believe they could deliver on the $500k promise either, which doesn't help.

I could have SWORN I had seen Project Awakened a couple of years ago, was the game called something else before?
            Remember thinking it was a really cool idea and early demos looked promising.

Edit:
            Answered my own question, game was just called Awakened and was shown 2010/2011.

Comment

aww man, I didn't know that got kickstarted!

Comment

I'm considering starting a Kickstarter for an exciting games related project. Would you guys say the biggest hurdle is getting the information out there, in the hope knowledge of it goes viral?

Comment

Yes. I've backed quite a lot of kickstarters but I don't visit kickstarter on a daily or even weekly basis. For me to notice a project requires a mainstream outlet to mention it and I assume this is the same for practically everybody. Gaming celebs on twitter are a good option. If you can get Serafinowicz or Dara to tweet about it then that gets you some exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    I'm considering starting a Kickstarter for an exciting games related project. Would you guys say the biggest hurdle is getting the information out there, in the hope knowledge of it goes viral?
                    Is it a Mr. Table RPG with exploding tramps, active reloading and exciting inventory management screens?

Comment

I'm almost certain to back anything sketcz comes up with BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Is it a Mr. Table RPG with exploding tramps, active reloading and exciting inventory management screens?
                        Yes! (No, actually)

I'm still trying to work out the budget for such a thing, but it's games/journalism related and hasn't quite been done before. If I can ever be bothered to put it together, or decide to abandon the idea, I'll post in here.

Comment

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing's happening!

Comment

You say the sweetest things QC. I reckon you'd love what I'm considering (the entire forum would).

Question:
                            What if someone pledges your highest reward (say, costing ?5000), and then afterwards they cancel their credit card. Kickstarter in the QA says they'll keep emailing them so they can change their card details and pay up. But what if they're doing that on purpose to derail it? ?5000 is a lot of money to find you're short by! Technically, it might even drop you down to below the goal threshold.

Comment

as far as i know once the payment has been authorised it goes though

Comment

Money isn't taken until the end of the Kickstarter, AND it's passed the goal. What Jon is saying is, someone pledges ?5000 and in the time between the pledge and the end of the Kickstarter, the card used for the pledge is cancelled.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X