No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Citizen has received 41 million dollars of funding so far. FORTY. ONE. MILLION.
    They received $75,000 of funding yesterday. On one day. On a Wednesday.
    What is going on!?

This game better be good.

EDIT: Forgot my original reason for posting that. Gollop needs another 40k of funding. Star Citizen will probably receive that between now and when I go to bed and it was already fully funded about 35 million dollars ago.
    Last edited by Brad; 10-04-2014, 13:45.

Comment

Though got to say getting a bid fed of the whole pixel art thing now i think its been done to death just sometimes would like to see some amazing hd sprites with kick ass animation aswell. Another thing i have noticed with a lot of kickstarter projects is the stretch goals new game plus /challenge dungeons and ports of the game .I just want the core game to be as good as it can be so i would say use all the money for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t-forth-alicia

Though got to say getting a bid fed of the whole pixel art thing now i think its been done to death just sometimes would like to see some amazing hd sprites with kick ass animation aswell. Another thing i have noticed with a lot of kickstarter projects is the stretch goals new game plus /challenge dungeons and ports of the game .I just want the core game to be as good as it can be so i would say use all the money for that

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...olt-of-gamers/
          The voice over on that kickstarter promo vid had me in stitches, its like they hired Alan Partridge to read some generic fantasy script, game looks good lets hope they don't do any voice work on it

Comment

they have updated with better pledge rewards now
            Last edited by eastyy; 09-05-2014, 20:23.

Comment

this looks pretty impressive

oh and outcast failed to meet its goal by a very large margin
              Last edited by eastyy; 09-05-2014, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Star Citizen has received 41 million dollars of funding so far. FORTY. ONE. MILLION.
                They received $75,000 of funding yesterday. On one day. On a Wednesday.
                What is going on!?

This game better be good.

EDIT: Forgot my original reason for posting that. Gollop needs another 40k of funding. Star Citizen will probably receive that between now and when I go to bed and it was already fully funded about 35 million dollars ago.
                The thing is though there is a lot riding on star citizen to succeed .. No one is saying it won't but still, if it doesn't live up tot the hype it ain't gonna be good given how much money has been pumped into it. The backlash will be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  [url]oh and outcast failed to meet its goal by a very large margin
                  We are surrounded by god damn philistines! Outcast was truly superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers

It's mine. If you've read my articles in magazines or online, you'll know I love the history of games, especially the Japanese side of things. There's not many books catering to it, so rather one or two articles a month, I thought I'd interview many people at once. it's also probably the only time I've put avideo of myself on the internet.

It's going to be epic. It's going to comprehensive. It's going to be mind blowing. (And if you follow my posts on here, it's not going to feature exploding bins)

Does it warrant a standalone news story in the news forum? I spoke to Charles who mentioned putting it on the site's front.

The main thing it needs is having the word spread. It will only succeed if people know about it and are interested.

Any questions, do ask!
                    just wondering when do you reckon will be released ? (did not have the money to back at the time of the kickstarter)

Comment

The DVD is out now, but the book should be finished before the end of next month. Working 6 days a week on the designing. Back to the grindstone tomorrow.

Will be on Amazon when published.

Comment

DVD is highly recommended. Some great moments and scenes on there. Great variety as well, from developers playing their old games to game book collectors to game preservationists.

Awesome moment seeing a dev

being given the source code they had lost.

Comment

Glad you liked that bit, Chope. Was one of my favourites. Sadly that gentleman was one of the few who stopped replying to emails after the sisters emailed all my interviewees, saying bad things about me.

There's a review here of the DVD too:
                          You may recall that last year, veteran games journalist John Szczepaniak raised enough money through Kickstarter to travel to Japan and interview a wealth of games industry professionals for his bo…

Comment

Awww, I wish I'd gone for the DVD tier on Kickstarter now, but I just couldn't afford it.

Can't wait for my book and I'm really pleased that you're starting to see the fruits of your labour, Sketcz.

I hope once it's all done and dusted you get some promotion and it sells a ton on Amazon too.

Comment

Is it still a financial razor's edge or are things looking more hopeful? Do you need to sell those extra 500 copies of the DVD?

Comment

Well, I've sold a ton of DVDs, so there's now plenty of room to manoeuvre. The page count has gone up again, from 500 to hovering around the 550 mark, unless I can find ways of trimming it down.

I hope if everyone likes it they post on blogs, twitter, and all over the internet. It's self published, so I have zero PR or marketing push other than what myself or readers do.

Comment

Working...
                                X