No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the Amplitude kickstarter pledges where you get stuff like the T-shirt and print.

Surely the money for those has to come from somewhere? Not from the pledge fund?

Comment

Yes it would come from the pledge fund. They have to build those costs in and make sure they don't underestimate them.

Comment

@Mr Moby
        A rhythm-action music game for PlayStation®4 & PlayStation®3 based on Amplitude™, the 2003 cult classic by Harmonix!

Don't worry, they're not my figures, so I'm not upset!

The site tracks trends not projections. More info here:
          Projections are now available. You should give them a try! More Info.   I’m seeing a couple of recurring questions in various discussions or project comments. As soon as a new, po…

But basically,
        "The trend line is not an estimation or a forecast, it’s just a trend that takes the current value and casts it over the remainder of the project’s funding period."

@MeowMix
        As for the shirts and stuff, once the target value is achieved, they take everybody's money and then start producing what they've promised (usually).

I have to stay away from Kickstarter as every time I go on, I see a project I'd love to invest in!

One that I really wanted to see happen was Kung Fury. I'm not the only one because it tripled it's target amount and people have been inspired to make action figures, soundtracks, clothing, comics and even liquor!

Best of all, Tribute Games, makers of Mercenary Kings and Wizorb, were also in talks to make a 2D game based on the film!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-05-2014, 08:15.

Comment

though i have two concerns about that kick starter ...firstly they actually had a succesfull indie gogo campaign last year (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beast-s-fury-project) (maxmillian did twitter me as he asked that question and they say its because they want to up the quality)

And secondly no matter what tier you pick you are only going to get a demo

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sts-fury-going

though i have two concerns about that kick starter ...firstly they actually had a succesfull indie gogo campaign last year (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beast-s-fury-project) (maxmillian did twitter me as he asked that question and they say its because they want to up the quality)

And secondly no matter what tier you pick you are only going to get a demo
            There kick starter translate as "would like you to pay us while we make this game and also pay us again when its out?" wtf it would be like going to a big publisher and saying "yeah pay us to make this game and when the game comes out we will keep all the money it makes too" are people really that keen to a game where a kangaroo with tits fights against a shark in a suit that they would pay for it three times?

Comment

So it's a crappy 2D doujin version of Bloody Roar which has already been crowdfunded once and which you have to pay for multiple times.

Great deal!

Comment

Amplitude is go! Kickstarter achieved. It looked nigh on impossible on Sunday but $400,000 raised in just 73 hours changed everything!

Comment

The whole thing seemed a little high to me tbh, I wonder how it'll sell, I guess maybe they've got to pay a lot for music licensing. Now they've added a 1,125,000 stretch goal for online multiplayer. I'd honestly have thought the company would have enough money to fund this thing themselves... I understand the other two games didn't sale, so they couldn't take the risk.

Comment

Why the hell wasn't the first two re released on psn to help fund the sequal too? I'm sure Sony could of done a quick cross buy port since it holds the rights still, then used the profits to help fund the new one.

Comment

That doesn't mean they still owned valid licences to use the music.

Comment

I imagine after the the whole rhythm game bubble burst, a bunch of Harmonix people were kicked out onto the street, busking for money on their plastic guitars, but only the sound of rattling plastic buttons accompanied their sobs of woe as they played "unplugged" cover songs.

Comment

just wondering if people think alot of stretch goals are a waste ?

take one game such as hearth forth it had stretch goals such as

$110,000 ps4 version

$120,000 linux version

$135,000 music music by manai matsume

$180,000 real OST instruments

$200,000 wii u version

$220.000 remix album

Now the original goal was only 60k and i just could not help thinking i really do not care about of any those stretch goals i just want the game to be the best it can be.And i tend to find that with a lot of
                          kickstarter games

oh got to say this impressed me only (only really for people who are interested in coding )

i have tried the alpha version good fun i have to say so far
                          Last edited by eastyy; 24-05-2014, 00:23.

Comment

Just to let people know there is some issues with that alot of people thinking its a scam

story here

Areal is a post-apocalyptic, open-world shooter that claims to be the "definitive spiritual successor to the cult hit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series". Another claim: that its creators, West Games, are a team mostly "composed of former senior GSC Game World staff members". It's currently on Kickstarter, and it's looking for $50,000.That's the basic starting point, but things get a lot more complicated.

The team behind the Stalker-inspired Areal said in a recent Kickstarter update that it has worked things out with Vostok Games and cleared up all the complaints against it. But a Vostok representative says that's not really what happened at all, and that it's been forced to let the matter drop because it can't actually do anything about it.

Comment

EzeeCube automatically stores & organizes your movies & music library from DVDs, CDs or Hard Drives | Check out 'Automatic DVD ripping, storage & management device' on Indiegogo.

Posting here as it has a stack that you can put snes/megadrive carts

Looks cool and i see the potential but not sure i would pay that much on crowd funding

Comment

Here is one that caought my eye (mainly through the Carmageddon Kickstarter mail update)

TerraTech

Seems like it could be quite good, and they are not exactly asking for a massive amount of money. Looking at the videos on Youtube it kinda reminds me of Nuts & Bolts (as far as the vehicle construction bit is concer, which is no bad thing.

Not sure they will reach that funding target though ...

Comment

Working...
                                X