Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Forgot to mention this before but it feels like a good few will be interested in this. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO TOAPLAN (their caps) may well be the last Kickstarter I back, given the site's sketchy pivot into blockchain/crypto waters.

This ends tomorrow, gang.

Comment

Already backed it. It’s a long way off but I’m looking forward to it.

Comment

Yacht Club Games are back on Kickstarter, raising funds for Mina the Hollower. It looks to be borrowing ideas from 2D Zelda and Castlevania. Given the success of Shovel Knight, and that they've since launched other games (Cyber Shadow) without Kickstarter, I must say I'm a little confused? I'm also a little put off by physical tiers starting at $100...

From their own pitch:

Why Kickstarter?

Compared to our original Kickstarter, we’re not in dire straits! We’re financing a majority of Mina the Hollower's development internally. Our main reason for launching a Kickstarter this time is to build a brand new universe in the same way we did with our first game, Shovel Knight—with our community involved in creating something special along with us! Every backer that joins the development will help to make a more robust game. Together, we’ll break new ground!

Comment

Yeah, when I first heard of this, I thought it'd be a "normal" launch, especially when they say the game has been funded internally already...I dunno, the "universe building" can come after the main game is out, but who can't blame Yatch Games for milking the crowd as much as they can get more financial security?

Comment

I think it's a bad look for Yacht Club to have made so much money but still partially crowdfund a game and do it on a platform that is moving to blockchain and is anti union. So F them I guess.

Comment

If Yacht Club are doing this how they did it for Shovel Knight, then I fully expect physical versions of Mina the Hollower to be generally available for a fraction of the pledge prices listed.

Add Kickstarter generally deciding to transition to being a pure piece of sh1t with its business operational practices to that and it is an easy pass for me.

Comment

I think we all speak with a singular voice here, team. Borders "Dragon's Den" Down has spoken.

Comment

So Eiyuden Chronicles Rising came out 2 days ago and most people who kickstarted One Hundred Heroes and additionally, Rising, still haven't got their keys.

We received a larger number of orders than expected and have had to order additional codes from the various first parties. This is our highest priority and our only focus.

While not the best solution, for anyone that we can confirm has purchased Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising but did not receive a code, we will be offering a free Steam code so they have an option to play the game now. We know some backers will not have a PC so this isn’t a great solution but this is currently the best option we have until the new batch of codes arrive.
                  No ETA on the Steam keys OR the actual keys people want.

Comment

I backed the main game but seemingly missed the window to get the companion game at the backer price? I'll be ok, but I don't think the companion game was communicated brilliantly (or at a suitable time) to begin with, but that there's now backers with no keys while the game is sat on GamePass is not a great look.

Comment

Awesome guy Todd Grill opened a Kickstarter for RoTATE, a stand that allows to rotate your Switch in TATE position for some good shump galore.

The stand will be 3D printed by him; I bought a few of his 3D printed stuff and they have been of consistent high quality. There's a stretch goal to turn this into injection molding too.

Comment

Sharing this for visibility, but Kickstarter are still a bunch of bums.

We had a wonderful chat with the development teams of both Penny Blood and Armed Fantasia to find out exactly how these exciting projects came to be.

Today we are treated with the announcement of not one, but two new games: Yukikaze’s Penny Blood, and Wild Bunch’s Armed Fantasia. I am overjoyed not only that these fresh titles will be spiritual successors to the Shadow Hearts and Wild ARMs series respectively, but also that we’ve had the opportunity to interview their developers.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Sharing this for visibility, but Kickstarter are still a bunch of bums.

https://www.rpgfan.com/feature/dream...sia-interview/
                          I really really hope they have done the home work with this, Eastern developers and Kickstarter have had issues like with Mighty no 9 where they really did not budget well at all among other issues, but even successful ones like bloodstained had a bit of a rocky road

Comment

Let's just be crystal clear about it: you cannot make either of those games for $750,000 let alone both of them. Particularly for them to wrap the fates of both games up in the one campaign, there has to be some kind of publisher involvement who wants them to go this route to gauge interest and to do the marketing for them. I want both of these games to happen but I also don't like what they're doing.

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...overy_category that looks very promising, i am a sucker for Metroidvanias though
                              Last edited by eastyy; 22-09-2022, 19:00.

Comment

Granzella are warming up another Kickstarter campaign, not to fund the R-Type Tactics 1 & 2 ports, but to fund additional content for them? Presenting without further comment at this point, but if the chart I hazily skimmed this morning of multiple confusing reward tiers (that I now can't find quickly) was correct, then it goes down even further in my estimation.

Comment

Working...
                                X