X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shenmue, shenmue and shenmue.

Oh and JSR 3.

Comment

I have kickstarted a few things, its been half and half really. Put some money into CraftStudio which was a game engine of sorts (indiegogo) Carmageddon, Mercenary Kings and Castle Story as well as an artbook and other non-games.

I know one of the ex-Frontier guys is working on this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438429768/maia

Pretty sure its worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        think project giana is released now has anyone tried it ?
        I've put a few hours into this, I think it's great! The world switching is a great mechanic as the platforming depends on it and I've died a fair few times world switching to platform hop over certain death.

It's quite tough going, died 50 times on world 1-6 (it has a death counter!)

There are tonnes of check points in the levels though so you're never put too far back.

Comment

Site went crazy!
          Last edited by Goemon; 08-11-2012, 14:11.

Comment

again

Comment

again

Comment

and again
                Last edited by Goemon; 08-11-2012, 14:12.

Comment

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s?ref=category that looks pretty good

Comment

?80 for a boxed game and some beta versions though. Great that people seem to like to support such causes but doesn't that take the piss?

Comment

If I'm reading it correctly, for ?80 you get the boxed copy *and* an additional digital copy. Still pricey though.

Since I care not for boxes, I might go in for a tenner.

Comment

Backed for a tenner: lovely engine, just needs some content. Combat looks pretty hard as is, especially when he gets flattened by the troll at the end.

Hopefully it'll make it:
                        Sui Generis is a ground breaking RPG for the PC that may just change the way you think about games.

Also, Elite is looking borderline after the initial flurry:
                        Take a ship and 100 credits to make money legally or illegally - trade, bounty-hunt, pirate, assassinate your way across the galaxy.

(doesn't help that the pitch is a bit lazy)

Comment

I would like to see a port of Dodonpachi Bee Storm for the Saturn. On a ROM cart.

Comment

Has anyone actually completed a kickstarted game yet? Or are millions of gamers shelling out hundreds of pounds on long term preorders.

Comment

Kickstarter only became huge for games after Double Fine (March), so none of the high profile projects have had a chance to finish yet.

In any case, Kickstarter isn't a pre-order shopping site aimed at consumers. It's about donating a bit of money to something that you like the idea of, with the added bonus that you might get a game (or other perks) at the end of it. Many publisher funded games fail along the way, so I'd expect a proportion of Kickstarters to fail after funding - and that's fine.

Great Giana Sisters was one of the projects I backed, and which has now been released. I haven't played it, though, as it won't run on my laptop - I just liked the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X