No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it's true: *if* the majority of people backing Kickstarter projects view it as a pre-order mechanism, it's going to end badly. Kickstarter should probably reinvest some of their profits into avoiding that (e.g. project management consultants, or something along those lines which is actually useful).

Comment

Yeah, totally agree. I reckon 95.37% of the people backing projects are expecting them all to turn up, so there is going to be some interesting backlash at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
        Backed for a tenner: lovely engine, just needs some content. Combat looks pretty hard as is, especially when he gets flattened by the troll at the end.
        This, or a game like this could be the nuts. It's the most exciting take on combat I've seen in years! If everything really is worked out dynamically it would be so good for an rpg. Put on heavy armour and watch your guy struggling with the weight. Maybe even fail to get off the floor leaving him prone. No more strength requirements, just choose how you want to play and watch your guy carefully, tweaking stats accordingly.

Comment

I absolutely think that most people 'preordering' via a donation believe that it's a rock solid guarantee that they will get the game. Which is obviously not the case. 12-24 months time there's going to be a lot of unhappy people.

Comment

Sadly I think you're right. On the other hand, of the most exciting games I can think of that are currently in production, at least 3 are Kickstarter projects. Most of which being the kind of PC exclusives that have been so lacking in the last decade. I've pledged fon about 10 games so far and if only half pan out I'll still be pleased with the deal (especially as it's peanuts for digital copies of the games)

Comment

was thinking many developers there is a danger they would be bankrupt or closed down (many developers owned by big publishers that seems to happen to ) and i thought with obsidian that was a company that i would be very suprised if there still around in a couple of year

Comment

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption by Lori and Corey Cole, creators of the Quest for Glory series.

This one isn't doing too well, having reached only 57% of its funding goal with eight days to go. Maybe Kickstarter fatigue is settling in but it would be a disgrace if this project failed.

Comment

faster then light was that a kickstarter project ?

Hoping with all the stuff i back now gives me something to play in a year or two when i am out of a job

I do remember there was a kickstarter called skyjacker and they even gave a demo and i think that may have put people off i didnt find it that good

Comment

I want to see F-Zero U kikstarted.

Nintendo are as greedy as any, so they'd probably take the money and make it.

Comment

New Sui Generis vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=WqaRqih7Cuw#!

I honestly don't understand why this isn't getting more support. For such an early version of the game it looks awesome.

Comment

I'd like to see a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake and a proper one too. I know that will never get the greenlight by the money men of today and im sure there are alot of Sega fans that would pay to see it done.

Comment

Stephen Fry just tweeted Sui Generis. Hopefully that'll ensure backing. I've backed 3 now!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                            I want to see F-Zero U kikstarted.

Nintendo are as greedy as any, so they'd probably take the money and make it.
                            I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see SEGA make another one.

Comment

Oh bollocks, i guess i might have to change my mind, i know ive criticised Peter in the past, but Populus is one of my all time favourites, and if as Peter say there no hype or promise and they get back to gameplay then it might work, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ently_launched

Comment

Ooops Populous

Comment

Working...
                                X