No announcement yet.

Silent Hill HD Collection 360/ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it just the PS3 version that is terrible or the 360 version as well? In all the anger around this I haven't found it clear if the 360 version is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
      That is the patched version you are seeing
      Blimey! I suppose they can always add more patches, but wouldn't be surprised if they just waited around until things blow over.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        So is it just the PS3 version that is terrible or the 360 version as well? In all the anger around this I haven't found it clear if the 360 version is ok.
        I think its crap, but just not quite as problematic as the ps3 version in the framerate, and lip synch issues.

However there are still contrast/effects/colour/crashing problems on both.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          Blimey! I suppose they can always add more patches, but wouldn't be surprised if they just waited around until things blow over.

Comment

Yeah, 360 version is just as crap, even when it comes to audio ( glitches differ whether you have it on 5.1 or not, and whether you have new or old voices in the case of SH2)

360 has a better frame rate and less instances of the walk/run bug from what I can see, but the frame rate difference is negligible

Comment

So then Amazon removed the HD collection and is "under review", which was strange enough, no they've removed Downpour aswell!

If people aren't aware, Amazon were refunding loads of customers in the US as the product wasn't up to scratch... May this force Konamis hand to fix stuff? Can I hope?

Comment

Hopefully since it is a Kojima Productions title, the Zone of the Enders collection is being handled by Bluepoint *fingers crossed*

Comment

Does look a bit messy especially when compared colour wise to the originals or the PC version. Shame it has so many problems. Not sure why it looks all pale could be emulation problems or something. MGS: HD looks fantastic. Not sure how Konami or whoever they outsourced it to messed up SH: HD., Seems very strange., would love to purchase if they patch it. As I have not finished my PS2 Silent Hill 2 yet :embarrassed: , not played SH 3 either.

For anyone who owns SH: HD does it look nice besides the paleness and colour probs?
                  Last edited by JU!; 27-03-2012, 21:06.

Comment

Since he isn't here anymore, I'll assume the role of Flabio in this thread: Can we please stop pointing fingers when we have no idea who is responsible for the poor conversion of the game? I'm more likely to think that Konami decided to boot the game out the door in its current state to coincide with the other to Hill games, than deciding that Hijinx are a bunch of monkeys. God knows how little time or resources they actually had to port the games.

Comment

i hope konami and basically all the japanese devs of late learn a lesson from this.
                      STOP OUTSOURCING YOUR GAMES TO THIRD RATE DEVS.

Comment

Considering silent hill hd had over double the dev time of MGS HD, I can't help but feel it certainly is Hijinx fault, that and the sudden quietness of the guy responsible for alot of it on the gag thread...

Well my PS3 (!!!) copy had been sent from Zavvi today, let's see how bad it is...

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          Considering silent hill hd had over double the dev time of MGS HD, I can't help but feel it certainly is Hijinx fault, that and the sudden quietness of the guy responsible for alot of it on the gag thread...

Well my PS3 (!!!) copy had been sent from Zavvi today, let's see how bad it is...
                          There is a thread where the main dev is involved?

Comment

Yeah, over on NeoGaf. He's the guy responsible for the voice/script changes anda few other things apparently.

He was happily chairing away about the collection, then it was released and he tried defending the ****storm... Then he went mysteriously quiet when everyone started finding hundreds of glitches/changes/cuts...

Comment

Do we know the reason for the voice changes? With the lack of original voices option for SH3, I'm guessing it was a rights problem with their SH3 voice contracts but I never really heard any reason given for the changes.

Comment

With SH2 it was because of the whole Guy Chihi pay malarkey that we've all heard about, which was sorted out and is why there's two voice tracks.

SH3 is slightly different, it's because they just couldn't find Heathers original VA, Heather Morris. She did SH3 and nothing else, and seemingly dropped off the planet. Without her consent, they couldn't use it and had to re-record apparently. Not that it's stopped Konami before...

Apparently SH2 is the "better" job on this port, with Silent Hill 3 getting less attention, and has even more problems...

Such a shame, 3 got a bit of hate, but was an utter gem IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X