Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario Bros. 4 - Wii U

Super Mario Bros. 4

I did a quick search and couldn't see this mentioned anywhere. Then again, I didn't look above the exit to find the secret warp tubes...

Shigeru Miyamoto was interviewed in Spanish newspaper, El Mundo, where he talked about the new Pikmin game coming out for the Wii U, but he also mentioned working on a new Mario game too.

Nintendo later confirmed that both games will be shown at this year's E3:
    "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
    Are you excited about this news? Does Mario need a rest or is it vital that a new Mario game comes out for the launch of the Wii U?

What's the last Super Mario Bros. game you played?

I'd like it to be like a full console Mario themed retro style, the last one I played was Mario 3D Land which played on past Mario themes brilliantly but lacked length which hopefully a full console entry would bring. Launching with a proper Mario would do Nintendo well.

Comment

Super Mario Galaxy 1 was the last one I played.

Not really that surprising there's going to be a Mario game on the Wii-U, but Miyamoto always seems to be able to bring something new to the table with each one. No doubt there'll be a Mario Kart Wii-U, Zelda Wii-U, Super Smash Bros Wii-U, Wario World Wii-U, Metroid Wii-U. Stretching beyond their established IP is something Nintendo rarely does.

Comment

They have such a huge amount of varied and diverse IP they don't need to stretch beyond that. The characters may be familiar but he games are all so different.
        I just want another 2D style Mario, I don't see to get on with the 3D ones.

Comment

What? Super Mario Bros. 4 was Super Mario World. Am I missing something here?

Comment

The Super Mario 4 rumours have sprung up from a domain register Nintendo made so it could be as simple as property protection or a Mario World rerererererererererelease rather than being connected to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              The Super Mario 4 rumours have sprung up from a domain register Nintendo made so it could be as simple as property protection or a Mario World rerererererererererelease rather than being connected to this one.
              Personally I think since the 2D games are all "Super Mario Bros." I have a feeling "Super Mario 4" could be a 4th generation in the 3D Mario cannon (1 = N64 [Super Mario 64], 2 = GC [Super Mario Sunshine], 3 = Wii [Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2]).

I'd prefer actually prefer it if the return of Tanooki-suit in Mario 3D Land put them in the mood for a spiritual sequel to Super Mario Bros. 3 but with the "New Super Mario Bros." series I doubt that would happen. Either way I'd like to see both 3D and 2D Mario games in whatever form and I can not wait for the E3 live keynote thing. Even if all they show is Console details and Pikmin 3... I'm actually looking forward to watching that more than I am The Dark Knight or the new Daniel Craig Bond film...
              Last edited by Pikate; 18-04-2012, 13:38.

Comment

You still haven't seen Dark Knight?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  You still haven't seen Dark Knight?
                  Well whatever the third Nolan Batman film is called, I dunno, I'm not "Comic Book Guy"?

Comment

Or indeed a guy.

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises is looking **** anyway. Skyfall on the other hand is looking great. Aston Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Or indeed a guy.
                        Well yeah, just to be clear I hadn't forgot I was sans penis. I was referencing the character in The Simpsons There is no female equivalent? #Equality
                        Last edited by Pikate; 18-04-2012, 14:10.

Comment

Found New Super Mario Bros a bit soulless. If it's another one of those I'll pass.

Comment

If they are doing a 2D mario for 3ds, this will surely be a full proper 3d mario game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Found New Super Mario Bros a bit soulless. If it's another one of those I'll pass.
                              Hear, hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X