No announcement yet.

What is the best PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the ease of CFW will mean for many there's no reason to go Vita yet.

Comment

The PS Vita is the best PSP. It has the largest and best screen, the best d-pad. You can assign the right analog stick too. It also plays PS Vita, PC Engine, and Neo-Geo games.

The 3000 is the best actual PSP IMO. The wide color depth setting outweighs the interlacing for me. I think the interlacing issue is overly-hyped personally. You have to hold the unit at an odd angle for it to become massively apparent. I have the extended battery, which lasts for over 12 hours and a 32GB Pro Duo in mine.

The Go! is too small for me to play comfortably for extended periods, so I use mine exclusively for PS1 games D/L'd from the PSN. The battery life leaves much to be desired and I'm not a fan of its proprietary connector.

Of course if you are going to go down the "custom" firmware route then ignore everything I've just said.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-05-2012, 12:47.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't actually buy a psp these days. Just get a vita. Just wanted to point out the plus points of the Go. J0e you sent a few vitas back; all sorted now and safe to buy one?

Comment

Are you saying that people use PSPs without custom firmware?

Madness.

Comment

The best PSP is a DS.

/trolling

/not even true

Comment

i have had them all except the 2000 and the 3000 is the best -

bigger screen/better d-pad/buttons (the go's d pad and miniture buttons are awful, the screen is too small, but although i think it looks the best asthetically)

wack on CFW, save your pennies and get a 32gb card and an official extended battery for the 3000 and never look back. Will cost you probably around the same price as a vita though.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                J0e you sent a few vitas back; all sorted now and safe to buy one?
                Yeah mate. I think it was the earliest firmware that seemed to be troublesome. I've had zero problems with my current unit.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Are you saying that people use PSPs without custom firmware?

Madness.
                Yes, I only play PSP games on my PSP.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As in, with UMD? Because UMD is a horrible format that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Comment

I don't use custom firmware either. Oddly enough, when I'm playing a game the storage method rarely matters to me. But I'm mostly digital on PSP having gone for a Go and now a Vita.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      As in, with UMD? Because UMD is a horrible format that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.
                      You can't get Onore no Shinzuru Michi o Yuke on the PSN. You can't sell digital downloads once you're done either.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

UMDs were fine and there are bargains everywhere now.

I see voda are doing the 3g Vita for ?195 with 250mb data, wipeout and a 4gb card. tempted.

Comment

Amazon do the same thing sans the ?5 top-up for ?225 plus you get any game of your choice. ?230 for all of the above plus Everybody's Golf 6/Uncharted/Unit 13 is a steal if you ask me.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Apologies for thread hijack but while we're here:

Unit 13 any good? Socom fireteam bravo 3 was maybe my favourite hame on psp (single player).

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              Apologies for thread hijack but while we're here:

Unit 13 any good? Socom fireteam bravo 3 was maybe my favourite hame on psp (single player).

Yup, its good. Tight missions perfect for portable play and not too shabby controls.

No story but not really required. It has a good scoring system for chaining good performance.

Comment

There's a demo of Unit 13 anyway if you want to try before you buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X