No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if you were into this for £1k+ after buying the special Xbox, the special SecretLab gaming chair, the LE version with the figurine, the official hoody and the hat and the temporary tattoos and all the rest of it

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Imagine if you were into this for £1k+ after buying the special Xbox, the special SecretLab gaming chair, the LE version with the figurine, the official hoody and the hat and the temporary tattoos and all the rest of it

Least the chair, Xbox One X and hoody work...don't they?

Although they were probably just the standard freebies package for streamers.

I did think the Xbox One X LE would become more collectable. But on eBay they seem to be going for fairly standard amounts. Even if the game is a sh**show I still think it's a nice looking console.

Comment

Temporary tattoo...? Ah, uhm...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Temporary tattoo...? Ah, uhm...
          Wait...what....

*frantically scrubs arm*

Comment

Musing aloud here but the other part of all this, is the costs - I'd assume CDPR eats the majority of those (refund charges etc.) although again we can't know for sure yet. The only comparable event on a big game like this is when WB pulled the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight from sale on Steam (to avoid more refunds) but even then did not refund all previous sales.

Comment

CDPR's guide to 2021

Step 01 - A few months of patches to make the game less buggy and more functional
              Step 02 - Some free DLC to smooth things over and a minimum effort next-gen patch
              Step 03 - Reveal true next-gen editions that are just watered down PC ports
              Step 04 - Announce The Witcher 4 in the hope everyone gets distracted and shareholders rally

Comment

It's a beautiful themed console -- the controller is just OK, I'd say -- made in very limited numbers and sold for an amazing price. I jumped on it when I saw a preorder up for €300, which I was sure had to be a price mistake.

The included digital copy of Cyberpunk 2077 and its first expansion was mostly a bonus, plus I'm sure the game will eventually be great, even if running at only 30 fps on the Xbox One X.

Comment

Wait...what....

*frantically scrubs arm*
                  CUT IT OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    I wonder if these are typical set up crashes? I'm telling the truth when I say I'm 18 hours in and have not witnessed one single crash. Strange buggy crap, sure but the game has yet to crash on me.
                    It didn't look like he was trying to trigger stuff to deliberately make it crash he was just playing as normal the first crash happened when he looked at his phone the screen just locked up then another crash when he was in a gun fight the game just shut off and went back to desktop and then again a little while later. It could be a ton of things like his setting for the graphics card as it looked like he had everything on full whack. Nah nobodys doubting you, it seems some people are getting luckier than others when coming across the broken stuff it's also down to the version people playing too and a whole pile of variables. However it's still been released in an unacceptable state no full price game should be this this unfinished it's been a long time coming this pushback.

For years game devs have gotten away with releasing unfinished games & promising to patch them later and it's totally messed up. If people want to pay full price to be a beta tester then they should clearly mark the game as an early access. Gamers seem to love to give away their consumer rights by handwaving this crap away it's been an eye opener how many corporate apologists i have seen on neogaf this week. If you bought a tv and it started freaking out i doubt anyone would suck it up and decide to wait for a firmware update to see if it fixed the problem.

Comment

I kept having repeat crashes during my first hour. I simply had to give my GPU back 25mV after initially deducting 150mV on an undervolt, a common practice with these new cards in order to gain both slightly higher and less jittery clocks at peak performance (as well as a lot less heat and power draw).

The card had never been pushed that hard before, so it made sense to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Gamers seem to love to give away their consumer rights by handwaving this crap away it's been an eye opener how many corporate apologists i have seen on neogaf this week.
                        I wonder what is the psycho-social pathology that might explain this strange behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          I wonder what is the psycho-social pathology that might explain this strange behaviour.
                          People wanting to play new games?

Comment

It's always been bad but Bethesda have really made an art of half-arsing fixes

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              People wanting to play new games?
                              I was referring to importaku's observation on the amount of gamers ready to line up and defend corporate abuses, so I'm not sure I follow your point. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                It's always been bad but Bethesda have really made an art of half-arsing fixes
                                Half-arsing? That's generous.

Comment

Working...
                                X