No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Projekt will reimburse owners of the Cyberpunk 2077-themed Xbox One X for the value of the Phantom Liberty expansion that will no longer be developed for that platform.

Night City Wire - In a Nutshell

Decent gesture, I guess. I'll buy that expansion later when I own a Series X. As it is, I won't be playing the game on the One X.

Comment

CD Projekt has introduced a new free modding tool for Cyberpunk 2077 to make adding mods easier. The REDmod tool is ava…

The game receives a proper mod tool officially

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.eurogamer.net/cd-projekt...cyberpunk-2077
        The game receives a proper mod tool officially
        Wish it came to consoles, like skyrim mods. Although, with this game, it's likely to make your ps5/seriesX explode.

Comment

“At the same time, I would like to emphasize that we want to further develop Cyberpunk’s IP. We have invested a lot of time and effort to build this brand and we definitely intend to develop it further.”

I'd be up for a sequel. Now it's more or less fixed its a good atmospheric game. I really enjoyed it and I'm tempted to play it again.

Comment

I'll fairly confidently predict that Cyberpunk 2078 will be a mess too. Getting 2077 to where it is now has been glacial, as is getting an update for current machines for Witcher 3. They can't reasonably make a better quality sequel to 2077 without hitting some of the ambitions they failed to this time. They come across as a studio straining against the roof of what they can accomplish yet refuse to rein themselves in. Either a sequel stumbles under the weight or they are less ambitious, both lead to a bit of a disappointment though. The only other route is they sort themselves out to meet their Rockstar scale aims but the last couple of years suggest that's out of reach too.

I've been feeling like revisiting the game lately, it does feel like Cyberpunk needs to decide what it wants to be though and work from there.

Comment

I’d rather just expansions to be honest now, redeveloping and entire new game will just lead to the same disastrous broken launch again with years of fixing.

Comment

A direct sequel could work if they used the exact same city, with maybe a few developments. Just exchange the entire story and side quests for new ones and expand on the actual role-play elements. If they spent three to four years on just that it’d turn out pretty solid.

Comment

My only concern is that they are ditching RedEngine and using Unreal going forward. So they'd have to build the whole bloody lot again, risking more weird bugs and a shaky launch. Unreal 5 might be more capable, but its another unknown.

Comment

Urgh… I hate Unreal Engine.

This is most likely a labour-related decision.

Comment

New patch for this today.
                      Interesting stuff:

Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

This might be the first game to add this on consoles. It means the image looks much more crisp at lower resolutions.
                      Some reports say the RT mode on consoles now looks and plays much smoother.

Comment

Interesting. Can’t imagine ever switching on the RT mode unless they got it working at 60fps, it wasn’t even reflection based anyway on consoles, just shadows, totally pointless. I’d rather they just increased the frame rate.

Comment

i'll give it a whirl after 23gb download finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            New patch for this today.
                            Interesting stuff:

Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

This might be the first game to add this on consoles. It means the image looks much more crisp at lower resolutions.
                            Some reports say the RT mode on consoles now looks and plays much smoother.
                            I'm downloading it now on Series X along with the Halo Infinite winter update.

I think Digital Foundry mentioned Scorn on Series X had FSR2.0 implemented but certainly this update is rare in console currently.

Comment

I'm downloading it too... And installing the full game. Might be a while.

FSR2 might be a way to keep games around the 60fps mark in the future.

Comment

Ah good, it's downloaded the PS4 version. Thanks Sony.

Comment

Working...
                                X