No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] i know exactly what you mean, the game is so graphically intense its literally blowing me away, im running a ultra wide display and it is just increadible, i have never seen anything so vibrant in colour and detail and this is during the day, at night its just unbeliveable its quite overwhelming, i dont recall any game having this visual impact, maybe RDR2 but in a different way. That moment when you emerge from your apartment into the street, boy oh boy. There are moments where this game looks like a cutscene, its sureal its all in game.

Comment

It's certainly very nice visually (although I'm not quite sure I'm seeing where ray tracing is being implemented), it's just a shame that tons of dumb bugs kind of take you out of it. Some of the best faces in video games for my money.

Comment

Comment

Seems great on PC and really glad to hear it's living up to expectations visually there (although the bugs still sound like they're annoying).

For PS5 though, I think I'm just going to wait for a full next gen version. The visuals look pretty disappointing on that version, and I think combined with the bugs it just makes for a half finished product right now.

They screwed themselves on this really, as they've effectively made a next gen game for current gen consoles - handily ensuring it's a sub-optimal experience on both!

Hopefully in 12 months time we'll have a proper PS5/XSX version that takes full advantage of both machines and delivers a less buggy experience that's visually closer to PC.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Sounds like everyone is having LOADS of fun, calibrating their graphics card.
            It takes seconds. There are only really two main options which impact your performance. Ray-tracing and DLSS.

If you don't have a new GPU you have a lot less to worry about.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Check out the first 5 mins of gameplay there for some Psycho setting ray-tracing. I'm getting 70fps there, but also streaming from the same PC - so the video can get a little choppy. I only turned that on last night to give my mate a demo, I was pretty stoned and trying not to wake anyone up.
            Last edited by dataDave; 12-12-2020, 15:06.

Comment

I'll wait for the performance/bug noise surrounding the game to die down, hopefully after a fair few patches. As much as I reckon it wouldn't bother me too much, I think the experience will be tarnished with the wonder of how to squeeze some extra performance out of it during play.

Comment

That's a good follow-up from Paul Tassi @ Forbes after his tweet that I posted went viral. As some of you have said that changing some settings on the game and TV do make the Xbox version (running on his Series X) look better.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Seems great on PC and really glad to hear it's living up to expectations visually there (although the bugs still sound like they're annoying).

For PS5 though, I think I'm just going to wait for a full next gen version. The visuals look pretty disappointing on that version, and I think combined with the bugs it just makes for a half finished product right now.

They screwed themselves on this really, as they've effectively made a next gen game for current gen consoles - handily ensuring it's a sub-optimal experience on both!

Hopefully in 12 months time we'll have a proper PS5/XSX version that takes full advantage of both machines and delivers a less buggy experience that's visually closer to PC.
                  I agree with you on every point but one, which is that by making a next gen game for current consoles, CD Project Red have screwed consumers, not themselves, because releasing the game on both last and new gen hardware will surely be good for sales, indeed the game has supposedly already recouped development costs.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                    I agree with you on every point but one, which is that by making a next gen game for current consoles, CD Project Red have screwed consumers, not themselves, because releasing the game on both last and new gen hardware will surely be good for sales, indeed the game has supposedly already recouped development costs.
                    Good point!

Although they've clearly released a subpar product for much of their audience (which is poor), they are going to want this game to have a very, very long tail for sales, just like Witcher 3 did. As a consequence I think the post-launch support will be excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing what the eventual bug-fixed PS5-optimised version is like. Pretty good I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Good point!

Although they've clearly released a subpar product for much of their audience (which is poor), they are going to want this game to have a very, very long tail for sales, just like Witcher 3 did. As a consequence I think the post-launch support will be excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing what the eventual bug-fixed PS5-optimised version is like. Pretty good I bet.
                      That reminds me, TW3 is getting the RTX rub-up next year - as well as whatever ray-tracing the consoles can do.

That'll look amazing. I'm glad I've held off playing it.

Comment

Interesting thing I found on Discord, Cyberpunk seems to not properly utilise AMD CPUs and a patch is available to help fix this. Will have to pop it on.

Comment

Console versions seem disappointing next to the PC release. Sadly my PC is now 6+ years old

Gonna have to wait, maybe pick it up once the PS5 enhancements make it out (or I just bite the bullet on an upgrade).

Comment

Does feel like CDPR are eating in to the good will credit they have built up over the years, the whole review debacle was pretty scummy and something i would expect from EA or Activision

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Console versions seem disappointing next to the PC release. Sadly my PC is now 6+ years old

Gonna have to wait, maybe pick it up once the PS5 enhancements make it out (or I just bite the bullet on an upgrade).
                              Thing is if you're on PS4 and XBO did you honestly expect it to look like the target demo? I mean it's never, ever going to look that great and it's honestly amazing it's out at all on those consoles...

I'm sure they'll eek out a few more frames and make it a little less blurry but let's be honest this is the line in the sand and it's time for an f-ing upgrade.

Comment

Quite an intelligently written dive into game preordering and reviews.

Cyberpunk 2077 is out in the wild. After eight long years the whole world can now judge it for themselves, through whichever perspective or tint of glasses they so choose. And best of all, for 99.9% of those players, they won’t ever have to justify their feelings to the rest of the audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X