No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if this released without bugs it's not an 8/10 game. It's missing vital components of what we expect from an open world game. Style and gun play can only take you so far.
    Its 6/10 at best. I class 5/10 as average.

Comment

It's an RPG - it fulfils this almost completely with an excellently written story and fantastic side missions in a very well realised world, it most definitely isn't a 6/10, as people on this very forum who've played it agree. If you're expecting a sandbox game, then you might be disappointed, but that's not why I've put 46 hours into the game (and it's rare for games to hold my attention for that long).

On last gen it deserves a 2/10 where it is a broken mess and was in no fit state to be released.
      Last edited by MartyG; 23-12-2020, 11:05.

Comment

Let's just agree that the very worst outcome of all of this is it gave the perpetually smug Jim Sterling the mandate to do another one of his self-congratulatory songs. Worse than any fan backlash or shareholder litigation, let's hope developers watch the below and pledge never to let it happen again.
        Last edited by Golgo; 23-12-2020, 13:53.

Comment

There are definitely things to criticise CDPR over and it's a real shame that they've sullied their reputation by not delaying the game further to allow them to work out the kinks.

This could have been a 10/10, but without the extra time, it's failed to reach its full potential.

Comment

I'll return to this maybe after the next patch in January. I didn't hate it, it seems to run OK on the PS5. It just feels like it's on rails and the big city is just window dressing, which seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              It very much depends on what platform you're playing it on. I'd hope every one who bought a last gen copy returned it.

It is an 8/10 game on PC.
              How much did cdpr pay for that score? 🤣

Comment

The same amount as nonny, SUMIRE, tokyochojin & Yakumo I'd imagine.

Comment

I think it deserves an 8/10 on next gen and PC and I thought long and hard about it before voting... It isn't without it's faults but I really enjoy the story and the characters around the main plotline, plus the real star is the city and it's artistic direction. Those pieces are top notch.

Outside of that I guess there are some harsher cuts to the overall "immersion" but as an RPG I think it does more than enough to come in at that score, no more and no less.

It is nowhere near perfect of course but then I thought about every other RPG I have played in comparison, and as I don't play many because of the time sink I compared it to Sykrim, Fallout, The Outer Worlds, The Witcher 3... really all of those games have come in hot requiring crap tonne of patches to get them finished off (, well besides maybe the Outer Worlds but then that one is a lot more dialled back in scope).

I like Marty's point, if you're going in expecting an open world sandbox title you'll be disappointed (and I guess misled). It's an RPG at its heart and if you tread through the main story I doubt you'd be disappointed in how that holds up.

Comment

Looks like another patch is out for it. 16gb.
                    At least its getting heavy fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Looks like another patch is out for it. 16gb.
                      At least its getting heavy fixes.
                      Just seen that. Interesting given they were not planning another....

Comment

Downloaded the new patch and framerate is now worse on the one x - looks like 20 FPS in a populated area. Front wheel Jammed on a motorbike too and wouldn’t move, so I deleted the whole game to reinstall to see if it makes a difference. What a mess...lol
                        Last edited by dvdx2; 23-12-2020, 22:21.

Comment

8/10 overall, easily. Some parts are 10/10, others 6/10. Plenty of scope for mods and overhauls to push it into 14/10 territory.

Comment

Not 15/10?

Comment

Think Dave has a special version of the game...

Comment

Seen a lot of videos for the game and from what i have seen does seem like stuff needs to be added like with NPCs literally having little in the way of AI and stuff to make the game world to feel more alive.

I only played the game for a bit but had so many issues i decided to wait for the first substantial patch/update, I think what disappointed me was the lack of interactivity with the world for the bit i played, though the combat was far better then i expected....i still did not quite get the hacking part of it though

Comment

Working...
                                X