New Gears of War - Reveal Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gears of War - Reveal Monday

New Gears of War. It will be fully revealed on Monday during the conference.

Im not sure I want this without it being distinctly different from 1-3. Wait and see approach

Comment

I'm not fussed about gears really, alright for a quick play-through and a gawk at the impressive graphics, but other than that, it doesn't float my boat.

Personally, I think they need to set it in the Jungle and have Nolan North do more voices, nobody could possibly say anything to criticise it then.

That or perhaps change the genre altogether, but of course that still counts as milking the franchise.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 31-05-2012, 16:53.

Comment

I play Gears every other day. Think it is an amazing game, mostly for the online however I was dissapointed with the quality of the campaign in 3. As long as they keep it co-op splitscreen online then I'll be happy. I think there is still a lot they can do with it, mantle kicks for example were a great addition (when they work right). So I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

I do hope they scrap beast mode and playing as the locust however, it felt clunky and tagged on. RAAM's campaign was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          set it in the Jungle and have Nolan North do more voices, nobody could possibly say anything to criticise it then.
          I'm there, day 1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post
            I do hope they scrap beast mode and playing as the locust however, it felt clunky and tagged on. RAAM's campaign was a joke.
            I enjoyed beast mode more than anything else!
            Have they finished the main story now?

Wonder if it could be an Unreal 4 powered tech demo being shown?
            Or Maybe Gears of War Karting.

Comment

Yeah they finished the main story. They said it would be some other story set in the same universe. I don't know how you enjoyed beast mode, I could never get into it, Horde was briliant though.

It would be interesting if it was meant for the next Xbox and Unreal 4, it would make the new Xbox a day one for me if the new Gears was a release game. It would line up with the release date to be next year?

Gears of War Karting....I'd buy it!

Comment

I couldn't imagine them releasing a Gears game at the same time as a Halo game, so that rules out this year.

That would set it up for a end of 2013/early 2014 release which seems about the right time for a next gen console.

Comment

sod the campaign, just give me more horde mode to get all the onyxs for again and i am in day 1

Comment

isnt this supposed to be people can fly's next project?

Comment

Guessing this will be very different to the current Gears'. Either it will be some Kinect shenanigans, or it will be a big, multiplayer game with vehicles, something not to unlike Unreal Tournament. That's what my gut keeps telling me anyway.

Comment

Massive Gears fan here.

I reckon it'll be from People Can Fly while the man Epic office do Fortnite and some new IP for UE4. I could see it being something a lil bit more different, to involve Kinect smartly would be interesting. Interesting vaguely related news came out today, no more Gears 3 DLC.

Comment

bulletstorm 2?

Comment

If this is anything other than a next gen announcement, then it gets a `meh` from me.

3 pushed the current hardware too far in a bid to be bigger and better and it ended up looking worse as a result (despite all the added bells and whistles).

If PCF are behind it though, I'd be tempted to take a look - Bulletstorm was a great laugh.

Comment

For all we know this is a kart racer, yet you're already dismissing it because you didn't like Gears 3, and the graphics won't be good enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X