No announcement yet.

Ubisoft e3 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, I wouldn't be worrying about the DRM that it might use, I'd be worrying about building a new PC!

Comment

That was impressive ... Other than UE4 I cant see anything beating it at E3, I imagine it will run at around 2fps on the WiiU though. Which is still 1fps faster than what it would run on my laptop.

Comment

When i first saw it during the show i thought wow this is amazing for current gen, not totally concentrating on all the details but having watched it back again its clearly not this gen. Jesus its pretty exciting what is to come then.

Comment

There are a couple of bits that got me, that cutscene in the building, the character detail,animation and lighting looked like an FMV and then when he was shooting at the bokeh effects were happening.

But when you watch it back again and you see all the wind physics and the shadows and the lighting on the cars, it's really obvious.

Comment

The first bit that gets my attention is in the first few seconds when he is crossing the road, the gust of wind on the coat and the lighting details when walking past the bus stop. Does really make you wonder just how far off we really are from next gen, surely we are talking next year? But then again after the brilliance of the MS conference today i dont know why MS would even bother with a new Xbox because all we really want is just a nice multimedia hub working with Kinect that can do all the things no other device i own today can even come close too, i mean blimey internet. On a console? Surely this cant be possible this gen no?. I just better move to the US or im really going to miss out on lots of content. Dicks

Comment

Microsoft has been working hard to make a browser as equally **** as Sony's. Hopefully they are there now

Comment

Ahh but you are forgetting something good sir, on Sony its free so fair enough its allowed to be ****, surely the fact you have to pay to be a Gold member to access it will make it brilliant. This browser will guarantee to run the whole of the web on your xbox.

But no keyboards are allowed

And it cant run Flash video, at least not yet, that will come in next years E3.
                Last edited by gambit6613; 05-06-2012, 02:49. Reason: typo

Comment

Has that been confirmed as gold only, I thought that was Fader taking the piss?
                  Not that it's a problem as I have a gold sub, not that I want to use my Iphone to browe the internet on my Tv.

No flash, windows 8 doesn't even run flash. Microsoft and Apple are trying their hardest to crush it now.

Comment

I dont know if confirmed or not but if they can learn anything from Apple, getting flash to run on anything other than a PC is just witchcraft and just CANNOT be done. The simplest thing to do is to keep ingorning it and hopefully people will just get used to the idea of no flash sites on any device other than PC.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

No flash, windows 8 doesn't even run flash. Microsoft and Apple are trying their hardest to crush it now.
                      Yes it does ...

Whilst its true peeps are trying to move away from it to HTML5, Windows 8 does support flash in the desktop IE app, and in the latest release preview in the metro UI version of IE as well. I have a Windows 8 virtual machine running at work so I know it works fine.

Comment

That's good to know , I literally don't bother using the metro ui version because it's so half assed

Comment

someone please point me to the Rainbow Six Patriots E3 footage - i can't find any.

Comment

Working...
                          X