No announcement yet.

Metroid Prime done quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The developers were able to fix a few of these glitches just in time for the PAL release. The fixes do not entirely stop you from going out of order, but you will not be able to get times as fast as those on the US-NTSC version.
    I'm not sure i'm following.

The glitches were fixed in the PAL version, but we won't be able to get these times in the US version either? So what's the version you CAN perform these sort of times with? The Jap version?

Please excuse my ignorance...

Comment

The developers were able to fix a few of these glitches just in time for the PAL release. The fixes do not entirely stop you from going out of order, but you will not be able to get times as fast as those on the US-NTSC version.
      No. The PAL version has bug fixes which means you won't be able to get as fast a times AS ON the US-NTSC version

Comment

I am at Uni at the moment so 600Kb/s downloads are nice 8) I will copy them all to CD and watch some at home

Comment

**** ME, that's silly....

It took me 10 hours to do 50%...

Comment

Anyone able to tell me which one of those movies sees him take on the Omega Pirate? I'm keen to see how quickly he mauls it

Comment

I'm quite happy with my 100% 5hrs+ on hard.

I've played it to death and I'm now quite bored of it. I will return in a few years to reminisce however. Well worth anyone's ?40.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                This is utterly incredible - Metroid Prime - 100% completed...

1 Hour 37 minutes

It's all here
                Absolute BS.
                How can this guy claim to have done MP in that time AND 100% when he doesn't scan the bosses, doesn't scan anything in fact. Appears to jump and jump......and jump, without the aid of any platforms.
                I can't believe some of you guys actually saying that it's an achievment when clearly he has every cheat under the sun activated and some.

Tell you what, someone who actually has the game and spent 10-15 hours on it, look at that video again and tell me that there isn't something fundamentily wrong with just about everything he does. I mean, the first boss in the space staion only took 4 hits!!!

Whatever he's 'achieved', is nothing to boast about.

Croc

Comment

Croc, what a pretender to the 3d platformer throne. I remember buying it think it was going to be the playstations answer to M64. What a ****ing disspointment...

Are you sure you watched those videos thoroughly CROC? I watched all of them last night, and whilst using the glitches in the game to his advantage, he's hardly cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by CROC

1 Hour 37 minutes

It's all here
                    Absolute BS.
                    How can this guy claim to have done MP in that time AND 100% when he doesn't scan the bosses, doesn't scan anything in fact. Appears to jump and jump......and jump, without the aid of any platforms.
                    I can't believe some of you guys actually saying that it's an achievment when clearly he has every cheat under the sun activated and some.

Tell you what, someone who actually has the game and spent 10-15 hours on it, look at that video again and tell me that there isn't something fundamentily wrong with just about everything he does. I mean, the first boss in the space staion only took 4 hits!!!

Croc
                    I believe this is for real, it's done on normal. Regarding the jumps, they can be done with precision, I've done them, but not to that extent usually **** up and slip off a ledge.
                    It [looks fake cause the guy's not using the normal pan around view people use when they play he just looks staright ahead!, it's cause he knows the map/area so well!! Also the morph jump balls are for real as well just requires timing.
                    Incredibles stuff though I love seeing people rip classic games apart!
                    Shame they fixed the bugs in the Pal versions, wonder what the quickest time 100% possible on that is?

Comment

No. The PAL version has bug fixes which means you won't be able to get as fast a times AS ON the US-NTSC version
                      Sorry for the ambiguity. I thought it was clear from context that with the word "those" I was referring to the faster times on the US version and not the slower ones on the UK version.

The player did not use any cheats to lower his time. I have been able to pull off the shortcut moves like the ones shown in the videos, but not with any kind of consistency. If you read his commentary he explains how he practiced each segment for days before finally achieving a result good enough to record. Also, scanning objects is not necessary to reach a 100% score. In fact, the only monster he scans is the Parasite Queen, and this is only to be able to lock onto its vulnerable point and beat it more quickly.

Comment

Watched these yesterday. Totally mesmerising!

The Omega Pirate is done on Video 13 and is killed in about 31 seconds.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by CROC

1 Hour 37 minutes

It's all here
                          Absolute BS.

Croc
                          CROC, scans arent part of your 100% finish, only items you pick up like missles +5 etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X