Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killzone Mercenary (Guerilla Games Vita)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep another gig for the 1.1gn patch matey!

Comment

All sorted. Patch ETA 84 seconds. Can't play til tonight though.

Comment

Is this full resolution?

Comment

Yes. Native resolution (960 x 544). If Vita had video out i reckon it'd still look amazing on a big TV.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Thanks guys, you rule :-)

Anyone know what was using up half the space on this 8gig card?

P.S. Changed my mind about selling this due to capcom's gushing. I loved the first 2 games and enjoyed the third so even a short new campaign is welcome.

IIRC you need more space than the size of the install to install it.
            Or something like that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              Yes. Native resolution (960 x 544). If Vita had video out i reckon it'd still look amazing on a big TV.
              Finally a high profile release that actually shows how beautiful the screen can be...

Should be a decent system seller.

Comment

Got this from shopto , a decent 7/10 so far first game I've bought in a year , my vita was so dead when I tried to charge it it took an hour before it allowed me to switch it on and the clock was reset lol.

Did anyone get the shopto Dlc code ? I put the code in and activated it but it has no effect in game so far ?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                  Got this from shopto , a decent 7/10 so far first game I've bought in a year , my vita was so dead when I tried to charge it it took an hour before it allowed me to switch it on and the clock was reset lol.

Did anyone get the shopto Dlc code ? I put the code in and activated it but it has no effect in game so far ?
                  Maybe its already on the game card...just unlocked.

Comment

Game getting improvements in updates 3 and 4, Update 5 will give players 2 extra maps free and update 6 will improve VitaTV compatibility

Comment

How is the MP on this? Is it like the PS3 games in structure? Any old maps?

Comment

MP is smaller, but quite good fun. The new update in Feb will also provide offline bot's which for a mobile game is great news. The SP is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                          MP is smaller, but quite good fun. The new update in Feb will also provide offline bot's which for a mobile game is great news. The SP is lovely.
                          How is it smaller? Small amount of players and maps? Are there similar classes and xp system?

Oh and does it feel? i.e an FPS on Vita.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                            How is it smaller? Small amount of players and maps? Are there similar classes and xp system?
                            Yeah only 4v4 so maps and size are reduced. You get XP in both MP/SP and there are different classes. From a random review:

The new point system is what makes ‘Killzone Mercenary’ addictive. You get XP for everything, from picking up ammo from a fallen enemy to headshot kills. This XP will level you up, in both campaign and multiplayer. It is also used as a currency system to purchase new weapons, ammo, and other upgrades to your loadout, which gets to be quite robust as you go along.

For me personally, it was the SP That was the main event. I feel MP is robust, but the maps are so small it feels a bit like you spawn and die too much. (COD style) I prefer the open KZ2 MP.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                              Yeah only 4v4 so maps and size are reduced. You get XP in both MP/SP and there are different classes. From a random review:

The new point system is what makes ?Killzone Mercenary? addictive. You get XP for everything, from picking up ammo from a fallen enemy to headshot kills. This XP will level you up, in both campaign and multiplayer. It is also used as a currency system to purchase new weapons, ammo, and other upgrades to your loadout, which gets to be quite robust as you go along.

For me personally, it was the SP That was the main event. I feel MP is robust, but the maps are so small it feels a bit like you spawn and die too much. (COD style) I prefer the open KZ2 MP.
                              Thanks, CS.

Comment

Working...
                              X