Bayonetta 2 - exclusive to Wii-U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayonetta 2 - exclusive to Wii-U

Just confirmed during the latest Nintendo Direct, as Wii-U exclusive. Looking at what Wii-U has on offer it is clear Nintendo are trying to concentrate on the more hardcore gamer, with a very strong line up of hardcore gamer friendly games for launch and the months after.

An important detail is that Nintendo are publishing the title themselves, suggesting that maybe they were the driving force behind getting this game made at all, as the sales of the previous game didn't seem strong enough to suggest a sequel. I guess Nintendo really does want to attract the informed core gamer.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo... I always hated exclusives and this reignites my hate. Unless it's exclusive for six months, like modern day exclusives can be.

Comment

Nintendo is publisher, so it will be exclusive as long as they want it to be: Forever in other words.

Comment

Nintendo are also publishing the new Ninja Gaiden game make of that what you will.

Comment

This and that Magical 101 being developed by Platinum for Nintendo. Good times.

I wonder if, after Revengeance is finished, there could be an acquisition?

Comment

Maybe, Nintendo have a lot of first party games and not enough second party developers to make them, hence Capcom making the new Smash Brothers games. Also what will keep Nintendo consoles popular is the Nintendo games so having another team on board that is high quality would get those out quicker and keep the consoles selling in the face of increased competition from tablets and smartphones.

Comment

I have a really hard time picturing Nintendo publishing a new Bayonetta with its sexual overtones carried over. I'm thinking it will be a lot tamer.

I'm sorry, but it isn't Bayonetta without the OTT Climax moves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                  Maybe, Nintendo have a lot of first party games and not enough second party developers to make them, hence Capcom making the new Smash Brothers games. Also what will keep Nintendo consoles popular is the Nintendo games so having another team on board that is high quality would get those out quicker and keep the consoles selling in the face of increased competition from tablets and smartphones.
                  Isn't it Namco? I'd be really excited if Capcom were doing it!! I hate the old Smash Bros games...

Comment

It is Namco, yes.

Comment

Didn't.See.That.Coming ...

We just need some more exclusives like this announced and the WiiU will be set. Not going to happen mind you.

Comment

Wow, great news. Platinum are the best developers out there by a country mile, Nintendo need to get them making a new Starfox game!

Comment

Short 40 second debut teaser:

Comment

Comment

Megaton!

Comment

Working...
                              X