No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur 2 - impressions and comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference being, for that move Cerventes himself becomes the projectile. If he messes it up, or the defending player guards well/doges, Cerventes is liable to face some serious punishment. If you dodge and arrow or a boomerang or whatnot Link still has the distance between himself and his opponent to make such counters less useful.
    Yep, that's right.

The best thing IMO about SC is the way you have to develop different strategies depending on who which character you are fighting due to the varying ranges of their attacks. There have always been long range attacks in SC, and so I don't see how Link's projectiles will damage the gameplay dynamic.

Your point about the ability to counter Cerventes' move is a good one. But there is delay in the Link's arrow move for him to get out his bow and put it away again, and so I feel the ability to counter-attack is still there.

Comment

If I`m being honest, I don`t think there should be a huge issue over the projectiles. They aren`t particularly hard to avoid if you know what you`re doing, and to use them well and effectively on a good player takes very good timing.

Comment

I'm still angry that my favourite character from Soul Edge/Blade still isn't in the series - Li Long! The new nunchuck guy is a slimeball, gimme good ol' Li Long any day...

--Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Ed-Epistaxis
          I'm still angry that my favourite character from Soul Edge/Blade still isn't in the series - Li Long! The new nunchuck guy is a slimeball, gimme good ol' Li Long any day...

--Ed
          I think officially (not that that has ever stopped overblown videogame stories before) Li Long is dead.

But yeah, he made nunchukas that much cooler by sticking blades on the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
            Originally posted by fiesta16v
            has anyone tried loading it with freeloader?
            Yep, works perfectly.
            I have a US Cube. I am running it fine with FL 1.06b

Can't understand the Jap text mind... Thank goodness for all teh English in the menus!

Comment

Thank goodness indeed. Why is that exactly?

It is quite surprising how many characters there are in the Weapon quest and other modes that are not playable. Lizardman looks fantastic, much better then he did in SC. The Assassin dude looks pretty cool too. There is also a big guy in armour with a rather aggressive looking axe too. His moves look to be particularly similar to Rocks from SC.

All in all, loving every moment of SC2 and i am sure it'll last for just as long as the original. It will for me anyhow

Kind regards
              Adam
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Tokuda wrote:
                I am totally loving Mitsu`s new moves, and working them into my combo routines.
                I still wake up screaming some nights due to nightmares of my 6-0 defeat.

Think I'll stick to Animal Crossing.

Comment

Working...
                X