Survival of the Fittest - Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survival of the Fittest - Playstation 3

And again, how many PS3's have you owned due to breakages or the YLOD? Remember, swapping for Slims etc doesn't count
    1 PS3
    0%
    2 PS3's
    0%
    3 PS3's
    0%
    4 PS3's
    0%
    5+
    0%

I had a 40GB fat model which YLOD on me and I had to get a second hand 120gb slim. Despite the PS3s tendency to freeze or reboot it's been fine and is stilm the one Im on

Comment

Never had a days problem with my Day 1 US 60g, or my year old US slim

Comment

My 60Gb JPN launch console never failed me. I even sold it on this very forum.

Own 2 Slims (160Gb & 320Gb) and never had an issue with either.

Comment

I've gone through two launch US 60gb models. Both were overheating whenever I played a Blu Ray or after a long session. Never had a problem with the silver JPN model I purchased later on ( which I eventually sold), but all the hassle has put me off getting another.

Comment

I'm still on my 1st for all the consoles... but the PS3 is starting to look very iffy. The 360 has now been promoted to DVD playing duties as I'm finding it to be way more reliable (though way less convenient).

Comment

60 gig launch died after 2 years, replacement died a year after, sold that replacement and bought a slim. Had a problem overheating a while back but did the power on with eject held down and that kicked the fans back into life and ok since.

Comment

80GB fat PS3, no major problems detected. I once feared that the BR was going bad because it stopped reading one disc (and only that disc) for a good ten minutes one evening, but the fault never returned.

Comment

Own 2 PS3's, both are still working.

Comment

On my second. My US 60GB model (from February 2007) sadly gave up the ghost in March 2011. Despite a couple of attempts to revive it, it never lasted long.

Current one (bought in August 2011) is still going strong.

Comment

Wasn't a launch machine, no PS2 back compatibility, but my PS3 has seen a lot of play, a ton of updating (always with the updating, so much updating) and still works fine. I did have one moment where the motor for the disc loader seemed a bit funny and I thought it was dying but that was well over a year ago and it hasn't happened again since then.

Comment

I had a UK launch model which had problems displaying a picture and was repaired under warranty. It was also prone to crashing while running Folding@Home.

Comment

Got a launch UK 60gb model. YLOD'ed a few months ago. Got it repaired locally and touch wood it's been fine since. I do tend to use it more for watching films than gaming.

Comment

Jack Sparrow killed my phat.... I put Pirates of the Caribbean on for the kids one evening and the drive froze after about 20 minutes. The slim has been going ever since and that seems ok.

Comment

I have an original PS3 60GB PAL and a 250GB Slim both of which are working fine although neither get much use.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X