X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better?

PSO2 is a joke combat wise.

Comment

It has both manual and automatic lock-on. MH only has manual. PSO is more fluid in this respect, especially given that I don't have the three hands required to be able to move and shoot at the same time, which is my biggest gripe with this style of game.

I still can't work out how to advance past the tutorial after a reset, but at least I'm getting some practice in.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've been playing Assassins creed 4 on ps4.

I'm loving it, the sea sections are absolutely superb.

Also Super Mario 3D World.

Goes without saying its brilliant, up to world 4-5 now and its just getting to a nice difficulty level.

Comment

Finished Killzone SF and now I'm playing Fifa and NBA on the PS4 with a little bit of Forza 5 on the Xbox One. I live in California now buy I'm heading back to London next week for a maximum of 3 months so the exodus begins.

Comment

Pandora?s Tower

Comment

Have just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance so far I'm enjoying it

Comment

Beat a big slump on Pok?mon X and really enjoying it, clocked around 18 hours now. It's so f*cking addictive.

I really want to catch them all but feel it's a shame that that is such a difficult goal now. 454 Pok?mon seems like an awful lot. I've only got about 80.

Comment

Finished Ocarina of Time the other day so promptly moved on to starting Twilight Princess. Could be contender for the Zelda game with the slowest beginning but hopefully things will get better the more I play. At least its breaking away from the franchise formula and that's normally a good sign.

Comment

I've been intel gathering on KZ: Merc. The extra contracts take some practice. I haven't managed to do even one yet. I swear you need to shoot about 20 million people to get gold medals with all the weapons too. Surely nobody can stand that much SP when there are only eight stages.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

KZ Shadowfall and Contrast and more Resogun. Tearaway.

Comment

Been mostly Vita-ing this week.

Guacamelee...which is awesome but got too hard for me sadly (might try it on a ps3 as the jump/special move/warp combinations were difficult to get right on the vita controls).

Little Big Planet - same floaty imprecise rubbish as the main game.

Uncharted Golden Abyss - enjoying the setting and the clue finding/photo taking stuff. But the game seems to almost play itself at times.

Flower - apart from the infuriating fifth level I really enjoyed this despite not being a fan of motion controlled games.

Best thing being that none of these games cost me anything extra due to PS + and crossbuy.

Comment

Definitely getting Guacamelee tomorrow. $3.75? Lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Definitely getting Guacamelee tomorrow. $3.75? Lovely!
                            It's really good
                            I really should finish it

Comment

Finished XB360 Battlestations Midway. It reminded me of Panzer Front in its basic gameplay concept: half RTS/half F/TPS. The problem was unlike Panzer Front which whilst still keeping it a very playable game took great care in applying sim like elements to its recreation of tank warfare, it doesn't work half as well when applied to fast moving, fluid naval battles.

Here it was further hampered by unconventional default mapping of the naval units and aircraft controls so you couldn't customise each separately. This meant re-learning against all the long accepted console conventions to choose between either piloting aircraft or ships/ submarines with movement on the right stick rather than the left. Alternatively alter the controls, mid-mission, when you wanted to swap units. Very awkward.

Some of the other controls system mechanisms were equally clumsy too, add in arcade style shooting/physics/AI and several apparent glitches and you have a flawed game. But it had within it potential to be far better, even very good.

I'm hoping that maybe Battlestations Pacific resolved some of these issues. So despite my relative disappointed with this game if I can find its sequel cheap enough to justify the risk I might still give that a go.

Comment

I played Ecco 3D on 3DS and loved it so I have been playing Ecco Tides of Time on vita (from the PSP Megadrive collection) and it's pretty awesome, although Ecco 1 might have the edge.

Also playing Animal Crossing as usual and also Luigi's Mansion, which I'm really enjoying but I find myself wonderng if it would have been better as one extended exploration rather than mission-based.

Comment

Working...
                                X