Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got Strider on the PS3 as it was on sale, haven't played much but it's solid so far, looks a barrel of fun.

Comment

Pacman Vs on the Gamecube and GBA. Got a little bit heated. Accusations of cheating and stuff

Comment

Tomb Raider on PS3. It is a bit depressing, please tell me the sun comes out later on in the game. I have avoided reading up on this game but so far I am disappointed it has moved towards being less Tomb Raider and more Uncharted. Where the tombs at??

Comment

The tombs are in there. They're just 1 puzzle long. First time I did one I was like, 'door open, now onto the tomb', but it just gave me a relic. Tomb complete

Played a lot of Diablo 3 with a mate over the weekend, also picked up WarioWare GBA on WiiU as I had ?5 free credit. Still a really great game, I ran through it one sitting. Paper Plane is still the best minigame.

Comment

Played a fair bit of Pure Pool (PS4) over the weekend, now the online servers for the game are working it's a great game visually and mechanically. Trouble is miss one pot and quite often it's game over, you don't get another look in.

Comment

Decided to finish off the FF13 trilogy with Lightning Returns (all on ps3, seems to be no thread for it either). Despite the general consensus that the entire series is crap I have enjoyed 13/13-2 as the story was just about good enough, i enjoy the combat system, and like the Lightning as hard-nose solider without the usual angst, willing to survive anything even if it means ****ing up the entire world.

13 LR is a cluster****, I don't mind them changing up the systems again like they did with the monster levelling in 13-2, I thought that worked well with Stagger/Job change system. They seem to have taken an MMO template, given it the exploration of Dark Souls 2 (go off any direction to complete the 4 main areas in any order) and its cure system, then wrap levelling up around not killing field mobs but by completing boring crappy side-quests talking to the blandest npc's going, while dealing with time limit, a day/night cycle of sleeping npc's and locked gates.

Im still on the 1st cycle and it seems pretty clear to me i'll have to repeat from the start like a Dead Rising game, and im so underleveled when i met 2 of the main bosses on different paths, i got instant KO'd by 25000k dmg summon(i have 2500hp avg) and the other path i couldn't deal enough damage so i just got ticked though my guard and my curing would run out.

And the combat is what im disappointed about the most... they really messed it up, gone is the set job system and in comes 3 custom jobs tied to costumes you'll switch between and have the ATB metre refresh while not in use, you can slap any 4 job abilities on, great your thinking i'll get a lot of choice with 12 options, but it doesn't work out like that as often they'll be locked to certain JA's depending on the costume and then 2-3 slots on guard as its vital to have it ready to go any time due to very limited curing done store via brought potions (6max atm) and how fast you can burn through the ATB metre specially against multiple enemies, ideally you need at least 2 guards across the 3 jobs.

this usually leads to not having the right stagger JA's against new monsters(leading to failure or a lot of hp loss), which seems pretty hard to do on equally matched mobs as magic is 99% the stagger, and attack doesn't seem to help keep stagger decay alive like commando use to do, so you'll end up in a cycle decaying stagger bars over and over the due delay between switching jobs, starting the next flurry of attacks and guarding.

I'm going to inn burn my last 2 days and start again to see if being a higher level improves the game like dead rising did, but i'll have to repeat the same quests again

Comment

Trials fusion. That game can **** right off.

Comment

I bought a Wii U tonight (again) I have no idea how that happened

Comment

Been getting stuck into Diablo III.
                    Good after work game...just zone out, hold X and wander dungeons! Put it on hard last night as normal is laughably easy...even for a chill out game.

Also picked up Infamous Last Light (last night) so am enjoying exploring Seattle again. If you liked SS and the Neon power you'll like it. If not it won't change your mind as it's more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Trials fusion. That game can **** right off.
                      Why so?

Comment

diablo 3 been playing the greater rifts this morning and been playing yatagarsu though i cannot get online vs to work though

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Why so?
                          Because it nearly made me throw my controller through the telly!

Comment

lol. Have you played the first two?

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                              I bought a Wii U tonight (again) I have no idea how that happened
                              As long as it's not a pal one i wouldn't worry

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                As long as it's not a pal one i wouldn't worry
                                It is and I have no idea how or why it ended up in my house and my bank balance dented, well I do I wanted to play Windwaker again and couldn't find my cube, no doubt it will be in the sales thread in the next 7 days

Comment

Working...
                                X