X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    randombs:
    Lustrausers for flying, shooting, ultra-quick dying fun.
    Burnout Crash for quick driving/crashing/destruction fun.
    Resogun is now on PS3 as well, and I highly recommend it as another side-scrolling high score-em up.

As for Action Henk, I've not played a similar game for a while now.
    Ooh, Burnout Crash is only 2 quid. Mind you, Paradise is only 4 quid but I imagine that doesn't have crash mode...

Cheers! Forgot to add that I only really use the UK store. If there's something decent and cheap on the JP store then of course I'll grab it.
    Last edited by randombs; 22-05-2015, 01:49.

Comment

Mostly Virtual Fighter 1 and dying light this week however I started on The Witcher III last night and loving it. The graphical detail is amazing. The game also really sucks you in as did the 2nd instalment.

Comment

Finally giving Symphony of the Night a proper go after starting it numerous times but never seeing it through. What a game. Just found the boatman and there have been some great bosses already. The castle is really well structured and I'm enjoying the combat a great deal. It really takes me back to the PS1 days which is when I properly fell in love with games. Excellent stuff.

Comment

Playing Banjo-Kazooie atm, after the excitement of Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter - I've went back to give it another go (I got upto Click, Clock Wood on the N64 back in the day but gave up iirc). Playing this again via JXD Portable with HDMI out to the TV, either the emulator is optimised or this doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Thoroughly enjoying this and forgot alot of Jiggies, just entering Clanker's Cavern. The swimming is very jarring and is the only thing spoiling for me. The music is just ace, makes me excited to think what Wise / Kirkhope can conjure up for Y-L especialy since the Orchestral Soundtrack stretch goal was met

Comment

Mainly Badge toreru Centre on 3DS. And it's taken me a good few hundred yen to get the full Wind Waker set of badges.

Comment

Unfinished Swan, which started off as a really charming children's storybook fantasy and is heading drearily towards 'hidden allegory of a broken home' territory, and is getting much less interesting and enjoyable for it.
              Last edited by Golgo; 22-05-2015, 16:45.

Comment

Been playing Rayman Origins on the Vita. Are all the Rayman games like this? The movement through the levels is so fluid. I remember hating Rayman on the PS1, and I don't recall it being like this at all. In a perfect world, Sega would realise it is ruining Sonic and hand over the IP to the guys behind the latest Rayman games. Sonic has ?never? achieved what Origins has - a sense of speed, fluid motion, and above all full control at all times. I'd also love to see these guys reboot the James Pond and Earthworm Jim series.

EDIT: Haven't really been in this thread before. Why is everyone discussing retro games in here?

Comment

Maybe they haven't noticed the retro thread? This one doesn't have a specific thread title. But, yeah. GTFO RETRO!

As for my search for quick stuff, I just downloaded the trial of NBA Jam On Fire Edition.

EA has a wicked sale on right now(e.g. NBA Jam for 2.50(. I'm still umming and ahhing about Burnout Crash because it doesn't look that much fun from videos i've seen on YT, especially compared to the crash mode in BO2. I wouldn't mind an FPS as well so I'm mulling over the ones in the sale.

How about Bulletstorm?

Blimey, here I am turning this into a Q&A. At least you retro posters are posting about what you've played
                  Last edited by randombs; 23-05-2015, 03:41.

Comment

Have been doing the Uncharted games again, and now well in to 3. I know a lot of people don't like them, and even less people rate the third instalment, but for me they're probably my favourite modern games (along with, no surprises, the last of us) and I think Drake's deception is by far the best. The production values and sheer detail of the world completely blows my mind, I know I've been bashing on modern gaming a bit in the age thread, but Naughty Dog just get it right for me. Brilliant plots, involving, and although I'm in a minority I have zero issues with the combat, in fact I find it really fluid. Cant wait for the fourth chapter and a reason to dust off my PS4 pad.

Comment

Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin (just have Nashandra to kill, but going for the DLCs...and the game ground down to a halt), Rodea (mostly on the Wii, controls are much more natural despite camera problems), a bit of Xenoblade X (waiting for the English release to fully dive into it, but I had to get the first giant mecha), Etrian Mystery Dungeon (maybe I'll start a thread about this soon).

Comment

Finished the single player campaigns in XB360 Battlestations: Pacific and that's me done with it I think. I really can't be bothered to go back and attempt to get all the Gold medals I didn't acheive. Too many uncorrected flaws, clunkly UI (whoever thought it a good idea to issue air squadron commands using the left stick which is also used for rudder control?), an appalling US campaign script concept, and, of course, dodgy AI (allied aircraft usually stupidly ineffective and left to their own devices you might as well write them off).

There's a great game waiting to be made by some skilled developer using the same mix of third/first person direct control and RTS. But this wasn't it. PS/DC Panzer Front, not without its own failings, actually did this sort of thing for tanks far better years before even Battlestations: Midway came out. The, also badly flawed, Warship Gunner series too, ploughed a somewhat different but parallel gameplay furrow, but were, for me, more entertaining than either of the two Battlestations games.

Comment

Bought NBA Jam and Bulletstorm today.

I'm enjoying playing games again

NBA Jam is great and feels like it should. I had some intense games against the cpu and it was a lot of fun.

Bulletstorm is great. The people look like Gears guys but that's fine because I'm on PS3 so it's not like I can just fire up Gears anyway

?6.50 well spent, I think!

Comment

Bullet storm is ace. I'm flitting around games after grinding out de blob 2. Dead space 3 and the witcher 2 keep popping up as potentials to play. My backlog is now of immense size...

Comment

I've been playing:

The Last of Us
                              The Crew
                              Minecraft

Comment

Installed Transformers: War for Cybertron and Farming Simulator on my PS3. Does that count?

Comment

Working...
                                X