This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect name for it

I came dead close to trading it today but I'll push on.

Comment

Currently playing:

Ni No Kuni - PS3
      Borderlands 2 Co op - Xbox360
      Sleeping Dogs - PC

Comment

Borrowed a mate's PS3 over the wekend, played a bit of Wipeout HD which I think is rather poor compared to the early games, and Jouney which is simply stunning.

Comment

EDF IA

Can't leave it alone, as much as I enjoy playing it though I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't play fair where the unlocked weapons are concerned, there's a series of weapons that I like and I know that there is one more out there but it just won't unlock.

Comment

TERA! Joined a new guild, good stuff.

Comment

Fire Emblem Awakening, Ginga Force and Gunhound EX.

Comment

Mass effect 2 finally on ps3.....the opening was awsome, expecting great things.

Comment

Just finished Sleeping Dogs, and enjoyed every second of it. The story was great, i never got bored with any of the missions and loads to do. Hopefully there's a second one in the works

Comment

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie on XBLA for me <3 <3 <3

I think I actually prefer these games to Super Mario 64 (Well at least those games on the Xbox 360 are better than Super Mario 64 on the Wii's Virtual Console). What the hell happened to RARE though? They only make Kinect Sports games now? Nice one Microsoft Way to balls up one of the best games makers of ALL-TIME. I'd love to think really they're working on some Next Gen return to form but with Microsoft being as reactionary as they are I fully expect more games catering to a fad that had it's final day in the sun around about Wii Sports Resort/Just Dance 3.

Oh well, at least I've discovered a new favourite studio. Anyone played "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'n' Bolts" how does that compare? Or how have Goldeneye 007/Perfect Dark aged? Can't imagine 64-bit FPSs have aged well and Perfect Dark doesn't really appeal to me on any level other than who made it...
                    Last edited by Pikate; 26-02-2013, 14:22.

Comment

If you liked Banjo Kazooie, try Conkers Bad Fur Day and Donkey Kong 64, Pikate.

Haven't played Nuts and Bolts so can't comment - heard there's sod all platforming in it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                        Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie on XBLA for me <3 <3 <3

I think I actually prefer these games to Super Mario 64.....
                        You lunatic. Next you'll be saying Diddy Kong Racing (a game you should check out by the way) is better than Mario Kart 64. Were I a petty man, I would click the ignore button. I'll just curse you instead. A thousand times.

Comment

Gran Turismo 5, utter wreck of a series. Stale, boring, unfinished, archaic. There is no reason for this to exist anymore.

God of War 3. Superb so far. Nice looking, responsive and interesting. Far far better than Castlevania Lords of Shadow, a game that tries and fails to copy the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                            Can't imagine 64-bit FPSs have aged well and Perfect Dark doesn't really appeal to me on any level other than who made it...
                            The XBLA version is better than most FPSs made today. It's still my #1 game of all time, however you'd be missing out on half of the game as I doubt anyone still plays it online.

Here's something on Rare: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ho-killed-rare
                            Last edited by dataDave; 27-02-2013, 05:41.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid 4 - never had the opportunity to play it before, but as a massive fan of MGS1 and 2 (yes, 2 is massively underrated in my book!) I'm loving it. I know people complain about the length of cutscenes and CODEC conversations, but when I'm playing an MGS game I'm relaxed about it. I really enjoy the story and the cutscenes feel like a reward, so I'm happy to spend ~40% of my game time watching rather than playing.

The la le lu le lo remains the most ridiculous name for an secret global cabal imaginable..

Comment

In preparation for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix (released in Japan on 14th March), I've decided it's about time I played through the DS and 3DS games.

Playing through Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days at the moment. I've been playing it on-and-off for ages to be honest, it's a very slow game, not a lot seems to happen and it drags on. It's started to click now (especially now that I've just discovered that you can replay missions - I feel a tad silly for missing that), and it's become rather fun. Still, it's a bit of a letdown after playing through the excellent Birth By Sleep on PSP.

I have Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance to play through then. I supposed I better play through the former, first.

Comment

Working...
                                X