Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled up the 500GB HD on the Xbox One a month or so ago which is not good. So I picked up this nice USB 3 Western Digital 2TB HD.

That's more like it!

Comment

Supposed to get better performance from external USB3 drives than the internal storage.

Pretty funny, good going Microsoft.

Comment

Do you have to take the original HDD out or can you just leave it and attach another one by USB?

Comment

Yeah, I heard about external USB3 drives offering faster speeds. May reinstall the Witcher 3 to it

@tomato, you can leave your normal hard drive in the Xbox One. It's very easy to use. Just buy a USB3 hard drive (must be bigger that 250GB) then connect it to the Xbox One. The Xbox will format it in a few seconds then it's ready to go. You can still use the internal drive as normal. The external drive is just used as extra storage. What is cool is that I can connect this external drive to any Xbox One, log in to my account then play my games from it! Pretty useless feature in Japan since I'm probably the only one in my city with an Xbox One but fantastic feature in the west.

Comment

That's cool. Despite the fact that it's apparently easy to do, I hate tinkering with the insides of a console.

Comment

You don't need to tinker with anything. It's no different than plugging a USB stick in to a PC really simple. The hard drive just sits on top or next to the Xbox. I'll show you a picture later on when I get home.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear. I understand that. It's good that it can be done that way, rather than having to put a new hard drive in as one would have to with PlayStations. I haven't changed them in PS3/4 because I don't want to poke around inside them. Thanks for explaining anyway.

Comment

Changing out the PS3/4 drives is pretty easy too.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                    Sorry I wasn't clear. I understand that. It's good that it can be done that way, rather than having to put a new hard drive in as one would have to with PlayStations. I haven't changed them in PS3/4 because I don't want to poke around inside them. Thanks for explaining anyway.
                    Ah, I see what you mean now

Comment

Hell Yeah! Yarn Yoshi... I kinda regret cancelling my preorders on the Pink and Blue ones now.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                        To be fair you're not really poking around. You can't access or see any of the actual internals via the hard drive slot, it's just a sealed off plastic slot that you drop the HDD into. It's more like plugging in a memory card than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post

Hell Yeah! Yarn Yoshi... I kinda regret cancelling my preorders on the Pink and Blue ones now.
                          Love the setup you've got there!!

Way more pleasant to look at / easy on the eye than the regular modern, hard, cold, Ikea type game storage that people (myself included) go for and has inspired me to go for something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                            Love the setup you've got there!!

Way more pleasant to look at / easy on the eye than the regular modern, hard, cold, Ikea type game storage that people (myself included) go for and has inspired me to go for something similar
                            Thanks, it's only temporary as usually the Wii U lives on a corner TV bench with drawers deep enough for the games but right now I'm having a bay window put on the front of my house so the living room is a rubble zone and due to space I could only bring up the side table for the TV (which doesn't have drawers deep enough for games). What I have planned as a TV-corner/Nintendo shrine downstairs is much much better so I'll post pics of that in a few months .

Also don't discount Ikea, the rattan baskets and plastic plants are from there, Ikea hacks are really good if you can get creative.
                            Last edited by Pikate; 26-06-2015, 12:59.

Comment

I look forward to seeing the end result

oh and I wasn't so much discounting Ikea as using then for a reference for the general style of stuff that people get from there for TV / DVD and general AV storage a lot of which is quite similar.

Comment

Bought a Backlit keyboard to replace my old one that's starting to miss strokes. I was a bit skeptical of this since it was a Chinese brand and actually shipped from China however it's surprisingly quite nice to use!

Also picked up this beautiful looking game. Not sure I'm enjoying the control system yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X