Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh sure no worries. There's not much to know really. Just plug it in and you're off

Comment

Rotating the monitor is a doddle also.

Comment

The whole set up, you go on forums and everyone seems to speak in code. I have no knowledge/interest in electronics, just what to play games. Got an Asterix PCB and have just bought New Zealand Story. I have also bought a MVS board and the multi cart you have in your video ExMusquito.
        My concern is when people talk about dip switches and the like. The idea of picking up a soldering iron doesn't appeal.
        I know to some people this is weird, I want to play arcade games on a cab. I don't wan't to take up amatuer electronics.

Comment

DIP switches don't require any soldering.

And only older boards really have those anyway. Even older boards may require you to have a JAMMA harness as they would have been made before the standard was introduced. JAMMA exists for a reason and you have nothing to fear really.

Comment

Excellent. As you can see I am really out of my depth.

Comment

It's a decent amount of information to take in. Nothing you should really worry about though.

Comment

Here is mine since we moved to Leeds

Comment

Looks like an actual grown up's house, and not like you're competing with your local branch of CEX. Nice work. That picture needs straightening though.

Arcade cabs eh? It's literally a screen, a PSU, the controls and the game housed inside a cabinet. Very crude, and oh so simple.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Here is mine since we moved to Leeds
                    Ehhhh you moved to Leeds!! Why on earth would anyone want to move here? lol, still least theres a few members here now i don't feel as lonely hehe.

Comment

Pitched up in the corner of our new spare bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Ehhhh you moved to Leeds!! Why on earth would anyone want to move here? lol, still least theres a few members here now i don't feel as lonely hehe.
                        I was living in Liverpool before.....

says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Pitched up in the corner of our new spare bedroom
                          Nice TV. Where is the best place to pick up a similar CRT? Ive got no TV at all at the moment (had a 50 inch plasma but had to sell it when I moved). But seeing how most of my gaming will be with on my Cube/DC/N64 I thought it would be better to get a CRT as those systems look like arse on a HDTV.

Comment

Gonna put the PC Engine beside that Saturn?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              Nice TV. Where is the best place to pick up a similar CRT?

Keep an eye on ebay. That's where I got this one a couple of years back.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Gonna put the PC Engine beside that Saturn?
                              Probably not ... I just don't gel with the system, though I keep giving it a go It's going to be simply a Saturn and a Super Famicom I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                                Nice TV. Where is the best place to pick up a similar CRT? Ive got no TV at all at the moment (had a 50 inch plasma but had to sell it when I moved). But seeing how most of my gaming will be with on my Cube/DC/N64 I thought it would be better to get a CRT as those systems look like arse on a HDTV.
                                If you can get to Woking I have a 18" (I think) CRT you can have for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X