• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers. Do any have headphone sockets?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Cheers. Do any have headphone sockets?
      Pretty sure that they do but I'll check both of mine when I get home for you

Comment

My Yamaha has got a Headphone socket and would assume the Pioneer does to
        I'd be really surprised if any AV receiver didn't have one to be honest

Neil

Comment

Would be great. I have a set of 5.1 speakers with plugs on, in theory I could remove the plugs and stick them into an amp? Also do these amps have phono inputs for old gen inputs>?
          Well I've had 5 minutes while Chloe was akip & the missus was doing the kitchen out & have found a few that might be of interest...

For ?200 you can get a reasonable Yamaha 5.1 kit of Amp & Speakers...

It has 4 HDMi inputs & will decod HD audio so you'll get Blu-Rays with quality audio
          It also features 2 Component inputs so you could hook the Wii up to it
          Lastly it has 4 Phono inputs so you'll be well covered for the SFC / CD Player etc.

It's basically a much more up to date version of the Yamaha setup I currently have & that's served me perfectly well for almost 8 years now so should be perfect for you.

From there it get's more expensive & more dedicated.

For ?430 you can get a Pioneer Amp & Wharfdale DX-1HCP speakers (which is one of the speaker kits I'm looking at)

Aside from having a couple more HDMi inputs & better quality speakers it doesn't really offer much more sound wise over the Yamaha for half the price...although it does do Internet radio via a wired network

For an Extra ?20 though you could upgrade to a Pioneer amp that does 7.2 with the same speaker kit & would be what I'd go for if I'd been going this route & in fact by the time I'm done would probably have worked out cheaper this way anyway

After that you start getting into slightly silly realms but we'll save for that for another time.

Hopefully that will give you some ideas??

Neil

Comment

Thanks for info Neil. The top one looks more than suitable for my needs no doubt. I miss not having a headphone socket as my stereo broke and I just use the consoles for CD playback. Will have a look to see if I can just get a decent seperate amp for cheaper perhaps.

Comment

Thanks for info Neil. The top one looks more than suitable for my needs no doubt. I miss not having a headphone socket as my stereo broke and I just use the consoles for CD playback. Will have a look to see if I can just get a decent seperate amp for cheaper perhaps.
              No worries Martin you're welcome

If you get yourself on AV Forums you could get a couple of year old Onkyo that does everything you need for around ?100

Onkyo SR606

or a 7.1 Sony STR-DH800 for ?75

Another Onkyo for ?90

Any of them would see you right

Neil

Comment

New SEGA Blast City cabinet. Currently has a NEOGEO motherboard with Shock Troopers.

Comment

Might see improvement over time.

Comment

Focused.

Comment

Man likes the Cube. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post

Might see improvement over time.
                        Made me remember when I just moved from Italy and the whole house was furnished with a bed, a table and a chair.

Comment

@ Jaz - lovely looking Blast City, that room and tv must be huge as the Blast looks pretty small.

I feel that photograph MoFo2, every time I've moved house first thing I like (and look forward to most) is setting up my crt and console of the moment. Somehow makes them feel like new again

Comment

I'm a bit torn as to where to put my consoles. I have a Sony CRT (only scart input), and a LCD (with scart, component, s-video etc) so I would like to split it into SD consoles with the CRT and HD consoles with the LCD. However I want to use component with my JP GC and US Wii for the best possible PQ so they would have to go to the LCD, but isn't CRT best for those consoles?

Maybe I should just ditch the CRT and get a 24" LCD/LED and a Framemeister so I can keep my "retro" corner.

Comment

480p via component doesn't look bad on an LCD. May depend on the scaling engine of your TV though.

480i via RGB is another option if you wanted to go with the CRT.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 21-08-2013, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by grain-flavour View Post
                                @ Jaz - lovely looking Blast City, that room and tv must be huge as the Blast looks pretty small.

I feel that photograph MoFo2, every time I've moved house first thing I like (and look forward to most) is setting up my crt and console of the moment. Somehow makes them feel like new again
                                Thanks mate. I live in an apartment in Singapore so not too big. The TV is 55 inches.

Comment

Working...
                                X