Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I tried that mate but no joy. It's weird really, as the last time I had a DC I had no issues with that exact same monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
      Where are the white units from Colin? Do you have a link so I can get measurements please? Thanks.
      these are the baby's http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/pr...813/#/20275814

I have one, easy to set up and strong

Comment

IKEA can't be knocked to be fair, strong sturdy and relatively cheap.

Lovely room Colin, my OCD isn't too keen on having the monitor on the left though, would have to have that central personally.
        Colour me jealous, our only spare room is massive so no way I could keep that for gaming (was daughters bedroom before she moved out last year).

Think I will have to pick up a DC again, "forum hype" is starting to overwhelm me.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
          my OCD isn't too keen on having the monitor on the left though, would have to have that central personally.
          *nods fervently in agreement*

The day I finally pick a country to live in I'll get a nice setup, although my current arrangement is not to be sneezed at*

*snot is so difficult to get off the TV

Comment

As I said in an earlier post lads, it's only a temporary layout until the Beovision 1 crt arrives. I'll update once that's all in!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              As I said in an earlier post lads, it's only a temporary layout until the Beovision 1 crt arrives. I'll update once that's all in!
              Please don't...we'll all die in fits of jealousy if you do

Comment

Visited Ikea yesterday not really intending to buy anything, it was the missus who wanted something. Inevitably I did buy something. I decided it was time to be a bit more modern and put my TV on the wall. So I picked up a TV wall stand and today installed it.

My TV is 4 years old but I'm not selling it yet. This is a proper nerds TV with more options and inputs than you could imagine. On the down side it is pretty bulky being 4 years old but the wall bracket holds it well.

I was worried about access to the ports on the back as I have 3 HDMIs, 1 D-Terminal, 1 set of phonos and a TOSLINK cable which does need to be switched from time to time. Luckily everything is accessible, just!

A bit of cable management and it's starting to look pretty nice.

Comment

Cool! Saved an ample amount of space as well. Nice TV to have all those inputs. I wonder, I guess Japanese TVs don't have D-terminal inputs anymore? No VGA inputs in current TVs here...

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Visited Ikea yesterday not really intending to buy anything, it was the missus who wanted something. Inevitably I did buy something. I decided it was time to be a bit more modern and put my TV on the wall. So I picked up a TV wall stand and today installed it.

My TV is 4 years old but I'm not selling it yet. This is a proper nerds TV with more options and inputs than you could imagine. On the down side it is pretty bulky being 4 years old but the wall bracket holds it well.

I was worried about access to the ports on the back as I have 3 HDMIs, 1 D-Terminal, 1 set of phonos and a TOSLINK cable which does need to be switched from time to time. Luckily everything is accessible, just!

A bit of cable management and it's starting to look pretty nice.

Looking very very nice Mark, all tidy & everything.

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                    Cool! Saved an ample amount of space as well. Nice TV to have all those inputs. I wonder, I guess Japanese TVs don't have D-terminal inputs anymore? No VGA inputs in current TVs here...
                    You see this is my thing...I really fancy a new telly but my current G20 plasma is so good & has so much stuff (4 HDMi, RGB, Component, S-Video & VGA) that I really want to keep it forever!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                      Oh, brand new TVs here still have the D-Terminal. Even the 4K TVs do. The problem I have with a lot of TVs on sale is the lack of inputs. You may get 2 HDMI and 1 D-Terminal and that's your lot. Only the real nerdy TVs have a crap load of inputs. I have 4 HDMI, 2 D-Terminal, 2 S-Video, 3 Composite, 4 LAN inputs !?!. 2 USB, 1 SD Card and 1 TOSLINK. Nowt hat's a well equipped TV for inputs. The LAN stuff is mad. Basically you can connect it to the net, an external hard drive and your PC as part of a security rig. Never used any of that stuff hough.

Comment

Tidy as crap.

Good to hear you're getting a CRT too Colin!

Is it for the secret project?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Colin's secret 'I don't do retro gaming but can't help myself' project?

Comment

Little more simple than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Oh, brand new TVs here still have the D-Terminal. Even the 4K TVs do. The problem I have with a lot of TVs on sale is the lack of inputs. You may get 2 HDMI and 1 D-Terminal and that's your lot. Only the real nerdy TVs have a crap load of inputs. I have 4 HDMI, 2 D-Terminal, 2 S-Video, 3 Composite, 4 LAN inputs !?!. 2 USB, 1 SD Card and 1 TOSLINK. Nowt hat's a well equipped TV for inputs. The LAN stuff is mad. Basically you can connect it to the net, an external hard drive and your PC as part of a security rig. Never used any of that stuff hough.
                                Why is D-terminal still featured? I thought it was sort of equivalent to a VGA-connection?

A nerdy TV with inputs is indeed something to cherish. That was one of the main points when I was buying a TV but I opted to get a better TV without a VGA-input because the VGA-HDMI adapters do a good enough job for the Dreamcast. I don't even know what a TOSLINK is and that 4 LAN inputs must be some sort of joke despite all the options.

Comment

Working...
                                X