Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Alien and Blade Runner posters. What else you got up in there?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I see Alien and Blade Runner posters. What else you got up in there?
      I believe he has the tennis player scratching her arse...

Comment

People like different things Marty I suppose, my house has a lovely warm feel in my opinion and people seem to love it when they're in it. Keep in mind those are solid oak floors in there, not some cheapo laminate, and it feels lovely underfoot. Personally I can't stand carpets, impossible to keep clean and always need replacing regularly.

They're box framed canvas prints Speedy, on the large wall it's prints of the movie posters of the Indiana Jones trilogy. (The fourth film is not allowed for obvious reasons!)

Comment

Figured it would be something along those lines, or maybe Star Wars. Cool!

Comment

Star Wars ones are in the living room.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              People like different things Marty I suppose, my house has a lovely warm feel in my opinion and people seem to love it when they're in it. Keep in mind those are solid oak floors in there, not some cheapo laminate, and it feels lovely underfoot. Personally I can't stand carpets, impossible to keep clean and always need replacing regularly.

They're box framed canvas prints Speedy, on the large wall it's prints of the movie posters of the Indiana Jones trilogy. (The fourth film is not allowed for obvious reasons!)
              Gotcha. It honestly wasnt meant as a criticism. I've only experienced the cheap laminate flooring and it always feels rather cold. Probably people don't know the best way to utilise that type of decor. [emoji3]

Comment

Star Wars ones are in the living room.

Now that does look lovely and homely. Has a warmth to it. [emoji3]

Comment

Next step in the ongoing cinema/game room arrived today, Optoma HD projector.

Retro has moved to the back of the room.

Little cable tidying to do, and I'll need to pick up a little table for the projector. Very nearly done now!
                  That's lovely Colin, very very nice.
                  Will you get a screen for the PJ or will you just use the wall?
                  If you just go with the wall will you use that special paint you can get?
                  I'd love a PJ & if we weren't moving I'd have one now as I have a perfect lunge for it but I don't know where we'll end up so it's a waiting game for me with the PJ

Oh those units you have the retro on what are they?
                  They look great & I'd like a couple

Neil

Comment

I know people go on about having a dark surround for projecting, but it doesn't really bother me. The wall is pure matt white so I don't really feel any need to buy a screen. As mentioned a few posts back, all the units are the Kallax range from Ikea mate, you can mix and match all sorts of colours, and there are several insert types as well. (Drawers instead of cupboards etc) They replaced the Expedit range, which is what I have in my living room.

Comment

Nah that's cool just wasn't sure as I've never owned one & I know people rave about the Goo paints for using on Walls if you are projecting to them so just wondered if you felt the same.

Ah I remember now, thanks for the info, just looked & they are pretty cheap, might make some nice displays for the mountain of Transformers I need to get on display

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Love those cubes, would be awesome under my desk. Saturn, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube with room for PC Engine and whatever else on top.

Those B&O screens do confuse me a little, nice slim display though - for a CRT.

Comment

I finally got rid of that 14 year old typical computer desk and replaced it with a nice modern but cheap "L" desk as they are called here. I guess in the rest of the world it would be called a corner desk?

I like it but the missus wasn't happy at all. But hey, like I care It's my room.

Comment

Further tweaking, gets results!

The new retro set up - each set up has its own audio

New dell 2209wa, also with 4:3 mode (x360 & dc linked up)

Xbox Coin ops 6 @ 720p, on the 4:3 dell 2007fp - full 360 degrees rotation on this stand - slight modification to the rack too to lower it

The old faithful 29" trinitron crt - ps2/n64/ps1/saturn ready to go!

Back to tokyo on the ps2

I cant believe the quality of image and black levels this thing pumps out.
                            Last edited by dvdx2; 08-09-2014, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              Further tweaking, gets results!

The new retro set up - each set up has its own audio

New dell 2209wa, also with 4:3 mode (x360 & dc linked up)

Xbox Coin ops 6 @ 720p, on the 4:3 dell 2007fp - full 360 degrees rotation on this stand - slight modification to the rack too to lower it

The old faithful 29" trinitron crt - ps2/n64/ps1/saturn ready to go!

Back to tokyo on the ps2

I cant believe the quality of image and black levels this thing pumps out.
                              Speechless, I am utterly speechless that is one stunning setup.

Bet that's a joy to play.

Congrats on putting it all together

Neil

Comment

nice!!!!

how are you connecting those xboxes to the monitor?

Comment

Working...
                                X