Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use component myself, got the PS2 on my CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I don't use component myself, got the PS2 on my CRT.
      Just as well its awful...

Spend about 2hrs last night trying to get a semi accurate image, which still looked bad!

Comment

Well, the component output of the PS2 is pretty awful too.

Comment

Component on PS2 isn't too bad, it's more that so few games have a proper progressive output so it's rather redundant

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Well, the component output of the PS2 is pretty awful too.
            It was the wii's 480p image which looked awful!

Comment

This talk reminds me of the N64. Didn't the PAL version completely drop RGB scart?

Comment

no N64 had RGB.... Nintendo didn't think it was needed. they even removed s-video in later models so that only left compo****e and rf.

Comment

Had a good sort out and set up my new child proof Ikea unit.

I did have a heating issues with the PS4 as posted in other threads but I seem to have sorted it now. I just given it more shelf space and purchased some rubber feet off eBay and it seems to be quiet now.

It's not in the picture but I've also got an HDMI to CAT 5/6 cable converter (sender/receiver) running Cat 5 to the bedroom so I can also play upstairs and still with no input lag. Everything other than the Wii goes into an HDMI matrix and the first HDMI output goes to main TV, 2nd HDMI output goes to the HDMI Cat 5 converter to the bedroom. I did used to have a wireless HDMI sender but I were getting lip-sync issues with the PS4 RGB range enabled, so I decided to go hard wired. Now everything is working fine.

I kept the Wii set up as it's American and I still have US GameCube and Wii games, everything else is PAL.

Larger image here: http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psbc9fe43d.jpg
                  Last edited by MarioMark; 09-11-2014, 18:32.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to renew the console space, I truly hope that I'll be able (or better, have the patience) to arrange cables the same way you guys did. Removing all consoles and AV switchers did reveal some "dead" things, hopefully this will help.

Comment

Lovely looking set up there Mark. Good luck with those cables BK, I've seen the photos, it's a herculean task!

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah but we all know setting it all up is part of the fun Took me about 2 hours lol.

Comment

Love your set up, MarioMark. I'd like something along those lines myself but the missus won't spend the cash on a unit for games and I don't have the spare cash either But on the bright side I have a 5m LED light strip arriving today that I'll use on my gaming area. Just need to decide how to go about setting everything up I think the old PC Engine will have to go away since it's the least used of my consoles. That still leaves 7 homes to find for other consoles plus 3 more for the amp, DVD and BluRay player

Comment

As i look at these super tidy setups it makes me realise how shamefully messy my room is at the moment. Seeing as i'm trapped at home i might actually get up and try to find places to put all this stuff. The kitchen cupboard is about to get a lot fuller lol.

Comment

New shelves arrived and assembled, consoles in place...and cables messy as usual, although less than before. The wider shelves allowed for console neatly in line and reserved some space for the future PS4 and XBO purchases, still have to test the new HDMI matrix, right now only set up its web interface and output/input profiles.
                              At least now the "power section" is separated from the amp and the AV equipment, and it's the only thing I will try to tidy up tomorrow or at a later date...I just need to figure out where I put my second stepdown adapter :P

Comment

That picture is nothing short of harrowing Luca!

I spot my old PCE stick............

Comment

Working...
                                X