Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not turned ours on since new years eve, shocking really, xmas impulse buy when I really should have waited for a new 3d mario and zelda. Lacking the magic but looking forward to playing through wind waker again. Skyrim has taken over my life anyway and tomb raider, god of war and gears all here or nearly, I cant complain.

Comment

No I haven't. There's not enough now to make me want to get one when my PS3, 360 and other consoles provide more than enough of games to play. I'll probably get Wii U at some point in the future, when the price has been reduced and there are quality titles available.

Comment

When the average casual gamer sees deals like this, it is no wonder the Wii U gathers dust on retailers shelves. A 360, plus game, plus Kinnect for ?150

Comment

I have been consoling (hur hur) myself with DL games. Puddle is fun although I've gotten the most time in on Little Inferno. Still not fired up Trine 2 yet.

I did, however, put ME3 back in yesterday after not playing it since December. I was just going in to play a little of the MP as jimtendo had said it was well worth playing. 2.5 hours later I had to turn it off to go to the bathroom and have changed my mind about trading it in quite yet. I got it 1/3 off on Boxing Day anyways

Anyone who has not already played the MH3U demo should do. Learn the controls fighting small monsters and remember to dodge and you'll be on your way to understanding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
            No I haven't. There's not enough now to make me want to get one when my PS3, 360 and other consoles provide more than enough of games to play. I'll probably get Wii U at some point in the future, when the price has been reduced and there are quality titles available.
            So if you are waiting for a drop and you are a pretty strong advocate of the system but still have not laid down the cash it speaks volumes that something is amiss be it the current price, lack of faith on third party deliverance etc etc

Comment

I had a quick go of the MH3U demo, I was a bit annoyed that you only get 20 minutes for the hunts. I ran out of time at my first go on the easy mission. Bit of a crap advertisement for the game as I'm assuming in the proper game you will have 50 minutes like usual?

Comment

Yes, for the quests. But there is also the free mode, like the Wii game, where you go to the island and hunt for as long as you like. They've also added evening/night when there are tougher and rarer monsters.

Comment

I never have anything positive to say about Nintendo and I'm certainly not going to start now. I haven't touched mine in ages - just like the the 3DS the tech is utter crap - but at the least the 3DS has some games coming out soon whereas the Wii U's game space is barren at best. Yes they have something coming out i.e a remake of a 10 year old game and possibly some other Mario branded game too...

Problem is they needed to have these games NOW to generate some buzz for the system and quell the markets excitement for the next-gen, but they didn't... 3rd parties are already burned on the system and it's not even 6 months old. Coupled with next gen - I doubt 3rd parties would bother to work on ports for the system anyway - it's basically Wii all over again minus the gimmicks to sell it.

Adam Sessler articulates this rather well (from 4:05)

Personally, I think Nintendo are pretty much irrelevant in the console space now - the sooner they become a developer/publisher the better it would be for them and us (we can play their games without their lacklustre hardware!!) - and with a bit of luck it might make them produce more then 1 game of relevance every 2 years...

Comment

That will never happen , I'm thankful for the innovation and quality of the big games they make , experiences you can't match on other consoles despite their attempts . The wii u has been out a few short months I think everyone is expecting too much too soon, the wii u is a fantastic piece of kit it just lacks the big games right now but they will come

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                      I never have anything positive to say about Nintendo and I'm certainly not going to start now.
                      That's a bit hard don't you think. How old are you? If you are in your mid 30's then you must have loved the Super Famicom. That was an amzing console with amazing games. Everything after that was pants for the most part IMO, N64, Game Cube and Wii.

it's basically Wii all over again minus the gimmicks to sell it.
                      I said that on day one and will probably never change my mind. I had a Wii too on day of release and stuck with it for one and half years. Never making that mistake again which is why I don't have a Wii-U. I don't like Mario either

Comment

I never have anything positive to say about Nintendo and I'm certainly not going to start now. I haven't touched mine in ages - just like the the 3DS the tech is utter crap - but at the least the 3DS has some games coming out soon whereas the Wii U's game space is barren at best. Yes they have something coming out i.e a remake of a 10 year old game and possibly some other Mario branded game too...

Problem is they needed to have these games NOW to generate some buzz for the system and quell the markets excitement for the next-gen, but they didn't... 3rd parties are already burned on the system and it's not even 6 months old. Coupled with next gen - I doubt 3rd parties would bother to work on ports for the system anyway - it's basically Wii all over again minus the gimmicks to sell it.

Adam Sessler articulates this rather well (from 4:05)

Personally, I think Nintendo are pretty much irrelevant in the console space now - the sooner they become a developer/publisher the better it would be for them and us (we can play their games without their lacklustre hardware!!) - and with a bit of luck it might make them produce more then 1 game of relevance every 2 years...
                        The irony with what you're saying is that you have a Saturn logo for your avatar, a system that was supported even worse than the Wii was or the Wii U will ever be by third parties, and also only had a handful of exclusives as a reason to get one amidst a load of inferior versions of games that were also on the PS1 due to the fact that it was a great 2D machine trying to masquerade as a decent 3D one.

Your hate for Nintendo seems to have completely blinded you somewhat since the WiiU's release. Very few consoles have many games at all worth buying in the first year of release, that's a fact, so just get over it.

Comment

As much I don't share Shouzuki's feelings on Nintendo, he does have a point. It's true that many systems now didn't have a lot of games worth buying at launch, but at least they had games, however crappy they were, something that the WiiU is lacking right now, even more than the 3DS. Nintendo could afford this delay in the handheld market, but in the home market they at least had to show strong first-party support. I don't know, make new attractions for Nintendo Land as DLC...do something. Support your console's launch title. You buy Nintendo consoles for their games, not for the Nth Call of Duty. The Saturn at least had strong first-party support at launch, something that simply isn't there on the WiiU and wasn't on the 3DS. I really hope that the WiiU takes off like the 3DS is doing right now, but in the last two hardware launches Nintendo rushed way too much. And if there's one thing I don't want to see happen in Nintendo going software only.

Comment

In 31 years of gaming, the only two consoles i have sold within 4 months are the 3ds and the wii u. Although the vita was nearly a third.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              As much I don't share Shouzuki's feelings on Nintendo, he does have a point. It's true that many systems now didn't have a lot of games worth buying at launch, but at least they had games, however crappy they were, something that the WiiU is lacking right now, even more than the 3DS. Nintendo could afford this delay in the handheld market, but in the home market they at least had to show strong first-party support. I don't know, make new attractions for Nintendo Land as DLC...do something. Support your console's launch title. You buy Nintendo consoles for their games, not for the Nth Call of Duty. The Saturn at least had strong first-party support at launch, something that simply isn't there on the WiiU and wasn't on the 3DS. I really hope that the WiiU takes off like the 3DS is doing right now, but in the last two hardware launches Nintendo rushed way too much. And if there's one thing I don't want to see happen in Nintendo going software only.
                              But the WiiU does have a fair amount games, its not like there are no games out at all. When the 360 came out for example there were like 6 games, and a couple of XLBA titles and that was it for a few months, the PS3 not much better., probably worse in fact.

In the end there is more out on the WiiU currently than there has been for a lot of other console launches. It just lacks the 'killer' app that people are waiting for that's all.

And all this Nintendo bashing because the machine has been out like 4 months, and its having a slow start it just plain silly. If we get to 12 months and not much has changed then fair enough. Writing off a console 4 months in though is a pretty pathetic way of looking at it, and quite sad really.

The Saturn is a very good example of something that seemed like it was going to be really good at launch and then tailed off completely very soon after, for no real reason that I could see at the time. The WiiU could well be the opposite, or it might not, too early to tell.

Mine still gets used, not very often, but then at the moment I don't play anything very often.
                              Last edited by originalbadboy; 06-03-2013, 08:03.

Comment

I like the Wii U, but my issue is , that if you only own a Wii U then , theres loads, like Mass Effect 3, BLack ops 2, and Batman, but if you own a 360 or ps3 then you will proballly have those already, i played assasins creed 3 on Wii u and 360, and the 360 version is better, so why would people with both choose the Wii U version.

Comment

Working...
                                X