This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
    I must be playing a different game to everyone else as MH seems like a game that's about 15 years out of date. I guess I expected something a bit more current gen.

Obviously an acquired taste.
    I think I'm playing the same game as you. I didn't give it long but it played like a shonky version of phantasy star online and I played that over 10 years ago. Guess ill change my preorder to Lego then

Comment

I feel the same way about the right stick for the camera, so I stuck with the lock-on camera (which is NEW this version btw) and using the D-pad.

MH is still very much an acquired taste, and if you've not hunted a Rathalos with a full party of 4, you've not experienced the real thing.

For reference, it took me about 25 hours on MH2ndG for it to click. Then it was a-mazing and has been my franchise of choice since.

Comment

I've played through the demo twice now on the "easy" mission and still not managed to kill the target despite whacking the sh*t out of it and on my second play firing arrow after arrow. What's the trick? He seems to become visibly worn out but just keeps going...

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
          it played like a shonky version of phantasy star online and I played that over 10 years ago.
          This was exactly my impression back when I played it on PSP. I thought it was pretty terrible.

Comment

Do you have any traps Synthesthesia ? I don't have a WiiU, so is this single player demo or a 4 player online? Sometimes monsters can take 30 minutes or more to kill, its not i hit them and they die. Think of them as super bad bosses of a level with mega health.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
              I've played through the demo twice now on the "easy" mission and still not managed to kill the target despite whacking the sh*t out of it and on my second play firing arrow after arrow. What's the trick? He seems to become visibly worn out but just keeps going...
              Go with the long sword kit as the bunny is weak to fire.

Comment

Gave Tri on Wii a brief bash and I can echo the disappointment of others here...I just don't have 50 hours to sink into a game just to get into it, either. I could complete 2 or 3 other games in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                  Do you have any traps Synthesthesia ? I don't have a WiiU, so is this single player demo or a 4 player online? Sometimes monsters can take 30 minutes or more to kill, its not i hit them and they die. Think of them as super bad bosses of a level with mega health.
                  It's single player, and from the equipment I saw, nope no traps unless they're on one of the classes you pick at the start. I managed to kill the damn thing on the 3DS demo but couldn't on the Wii U one somehow... weird.

Well, despite the general disdain that the people who have just tried this experienced, I quite like the feel/sound of it and will likely pick it up. Will this have match made online or is it friends only?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Gave Tri on Wii a brief bash and I can echo the disappointment of others here...I just don't have 50 hours to sink into a game just to get into it, either. I could complete 2 or 3 other games in that time.
                    50 hours? pfffft, I've only sunk 500 into freedom unite so far and not even done everything, man up you wooses .

Also as other have said, if your having trouble killing monsters, dont worry, they dont go down in a few hits like most games, the big creatures are pretty mean. Best weapons for beginners are the great swords as they do the most damage, slow, but much better. You may be tempted by the quick weapons, but dont be, they just dont do enough damage early on to warrant using especially when on your own.

If you can though play online, its an absolute blast with 4 players, especially when you've downed a particularly tough beast and you all carve the git up, awesome stuff.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-02-2013, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                      It's single player, and from the equipment I saw, nope no traps unless they're on one of the classes you pick at the start. I managed to kill the damn thing on the 3DS demo but couldn't on the Wii U one somehow... weird.

Well, despite the general disdain that the people who have just tried this experienced, I quite like the feel/sound of it and will likely pick it up. Will this have match made online or is it friends only?
                      There's a blue box at the start which you can take items out of to suppliment what you're carrying. It's kind of important at times.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        50 hours? pfffft, I've only sunk 500 into freedom unite so far and not even done everything, man up you wooses .

pfft... amateurs

RE: kryss, what's your Nintendo ID?
                        Finally set up my WiiU a couple of days ago (and in the process, nearly bricked it) so add me!
                        NNID: jimtendo-san

As for the demo:
                        I really do not dig the touch control pad on this.
                        Im waiting for the retail so I can use my Classic Controller Pro and claw-time!

Otherwise, I think it's a bad demo for newcomers. No online for the demo will neuter their enthusiasm, as really the fun is ten-fold with other players.

Comment

Wow jimtendo, thats 50 days straight, what that around 2 years of playing to get that, real addiction levels, i had 2500 hours of guild wars, it was serious.

Comment

The funny thing is, is that I didn't even go online with P3rd after about 200 hours...

Comment

Well chuffed at getting F-Zero for 30p on the eshop. 60Hz too, nice one Nintendo, hope that's a sign of the way it's going to be

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
                                pfft... amateurs

RE: kryss, what's your Nintendo ID?
                                Finally set up my WiiU a couple of days ago (and in the process, nearly bricked it) so add me!
                                NNID: jimtendo-san

As for the demo:
                                I really do not dig the touch control pad on this.
                                Im waiting for the retail so I can use my Classic Controller Pro and claw-time!

Otherwise, I think it's a bad demo for newcomers. No online for the demo will neuter their enthusiasm, as really the fun is ten-fold with other players.
                                kryss101010, same as my NA PSN. You can use the Controller Pro for the demo if you have one. There's not much difference. Right stick is far too sensitive. I'll give the old CCPro a go when it comes out and we'll see.

A word of warning though, this isn't like the old days - I work and go to school now. No more 16h/day sessions

Comment

Working...
                                X