No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they really gonna legally go after people for their mistake though? Seems like a PR nightmare. Their behaviour has made me think twice about ordering from them again. SimplyGames are now on my banned list, and I've been shopping with them since they were mail order only from the back of game's mags. GAME is coming close for me too, with their disastrous console launch behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
      Are they really gonna legally go after people for their mistake though? Seems like a PR nightmare. Their behaviour has made me think twice about ordering from them again. SimplyGames are now on my banned list, and I've been shopping with them since they were mail order only from the back of game's mags. GAME is coming close for me too, with their disastrous console launch behaviour.
      very much feel the same simply games are on my list as are zavvi now and game I only bother with if its a half price offer or a special deal. I only go amazon, shop to or my indie now not that that's a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Bloody Eurogamer. It is not a "grey area" at all. If you are sent items you didn't order then by law you have to contact whoever sent them to you to arrange collection. Zavvi, by law, didn't even have to ask for them back. The customers should have contacted Zavvi to arrange collection themselves.
        To be fair, they did use two different sources to back up their suggestion that it's a grey area.

I honestly don't know what the reality of the situation is, though.

Comment

Why dont Zavvi just offer a game or something to people return them instead of bringing in the suits? It was their **** up after all.

Comment

last year tesco messed up and sent me an extra wiiu i looked into this and it seems that by law i had to contact them to inform them and leave it to them to arrange to pick it up i sent two emails and waited on there call center line for an hour before i was cut off.

So i thought i would sit and wait for them to contact me In the eyes of the law i had informed them of there mistake and tried multiple time to contact them, I eventual got a email reply from them but it was a generic reply telling me that they wouldn't be answering my inquiry personally as they where to busy so 30 days came and went and i got rid of the wiiu as i was entitled to do.

Comment

The Zavvi/Vita thing is one of the main stories on radio 5 at the moment...consumer expert incoming with his verdict on keeping/returning!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                The Zavvi/Vita thing is one of the main stories on radio 5 at the moment...consumer expert incoming with his verdict on keeping/returning!!
                WHICH WAS!!!!! I've been sat here hitting refresh with baited breath come on tell meeeeee

Comment

That it IS a grey area
                  The keeping unsolicited goods thing is real but clouded by the fact you did order something else from them. It needs someone ballsy enough to take Zavvi on in court it seems.

The guy they had on has left messages/phoned up saying to refund his money or send the game and they can have the Vita back.
                  They have refused and want him to pay to return it first. Cheeky.

Comment

Dammnnnn muramasa rebirth, 450megabytes…450…450…for this A* awesome… unbelievably awesome (if you are cheap like me and have small vita memory card)

Comment

Lone Survivor will be the ninth 12 Xmas Deals PSN offer today

Comment

Terraria hits PSV for us in NA today, $13.49 for PS+.

Comment

Just a heads up that amazon.com have white ps vitas in stock at $199, this is probably the last chance of buying a new white OLED system at a reasonable price.

Comment

The PS UK Managing Director has said the Vita has struggled due to not being designed to compete in a world of mobiles and tablets.

Our survey says.... 'EEEURGH!'

Bollocks. That competition was old news even when Vita was gestating, the only way Sony could have not known (itself a mobile maker) would be if its eyes were shut and it had its finger in its ears crying 'la-la-la I can't hear you'. Nope, whilst the market is tougher the Vita has struggled thanks to one of the most spectacularly p*** poor handling approaches by a major player to its own platform since Sega took one for the team. Inept is the word, an impressive show that Nintendo is desperately trying to emulate at times with the WiiU it seems.

What Vita wasn't designed for was Sony's little marketing, little support, slow content approach.

Spending time with Tearaway recently has reminded me all too starkly about how spot on this handheld is as a unit and how good it can be with the right games etc. But good as it is, unless Sony sorts itself out, they seriously shouldn't bother with a third handheld after the way they've been after Vita.

Comment

PSP Go was like the forerunner... with that machine it felt like Sony was TRYING to fail.

"Here's a PSP that can't play anything except download games! No of course we aren't going to release any download games, stop asking us about it."

Lessons weren't learned apparently. Doesn't seem like the smartest idea to have a managing director writing obituaries for the Vita either, I suppose that means they've already given up on it. Too bad, it's pretty much the only machine I get any use out of these days.

Comment

It's been pretty been pretty evident for a while that they're been trying to wind the Vita down, and reposition it as a companion device for the PS4. It's a depressing state of affairs because the hardware itself is excellent. Here's hoping support for the Vita via the PS4 results in increased sales for the Vita overall.

There seems to be a genuine unwillingness to devote resources into the Vita when the PS4 is their priority. In that case, why did they release it?

Comment

Working...
                                X