No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are we saying that the Vita is essentially a good portable for Indie games then?

Thats not a bad thing of course, interesting to see that seems to be the general consensus ... Might actually be worth picking one up then.

Comment

The Vita is a wonderful portable for indie games but there is also more to it than that. It's a fantastic portable for games that once were not portable but now are (Jet Set Radio, MGS 2&3 etc.) and it has a pretty decent selection of great games, even if not considered AAA (Lumines, Gravity Rush and a bunch I can't quite think of right now). That's the thing, over time is has become a great handheld with a large selection of good games. It just seems that future big name support will be non-existent and that's a real shame but it doesn't take away from what the system has right now.

Comment

I've no idea why Sony insisted on keeping that crappy proprietary mem card for the redesign. Should of just gone with micro sd and made a lot of people happy.

Filled my 32gig up after only a month of having it.

On the supposed "big name" support, I'll stick with actual good games rather than over hyped stuff like cod, battlefield etc which are in no way AAA but still get treated like it.

Comment

They kept the memory card design as that is how they make their money. They would make nothing if went with Micro SD cards.

The mark up on a 32GB Vita card must be quite a nice amount.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead
            I've no idea why Sony insisted on keeping that crappy proprietary mem card for the redesign. Should of just gone with micro sd and made a lot of people happy.
            Half the Vita's use proprietary, and the other half use Micro SD? Seriously?

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Filled my 32gig up after only a month of having it.
            I strongly doubt you have played through 32GB worth of games. Would you not have filled up a 32GB Micro SD card after only a month also?

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

On the supposed "big name" support, I'll stick with actual good games rather than over hyped stuff like cod, battlefield etc which are in no way AAA but still get treated like it.
            All 32GB worth of good games?
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 13-05-2014, 11:38.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Half the Vita's use proprietary, and the other half use Micro SD? Seriously?
              Why not? They did it with the PSP when the Go used different cards. It's only a memory card, no big deal.
              Also no reason to do it at all of course. People's issue is the card prices, not the format so the solution (if Sony even consider it a problem) is to drop the price of Vita memory cards.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                So are we saying that the Vita is essentially a good portable for Indie games then?

Thats not a bad thing of course, interesting to see that seems to be the general consensus ... Might actually be worth picking one up then.
                You can get a refurb oled with 12 months warranty from tesco outlet for ?99

linky

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Sony PlayStation Vita Handheld System - Black at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Why not? They did it with the PSP when the Go used different cards. It's only a memory card, no big deal.
                  Also no reason to do it at all of course. People's issue is the card prices, not the format so the solution (if Sony even consider it a problem) is to drop the price of Vita memory cards.
                  It isn't a problem for Sony when you are forced to buy a memory card, in fact it is quite the opposite.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Compare them to SD cards and I imagine 400% these days.
                    I'm excited about Tales of Hearts R and Freedom Wars, plus hopefully we'll see God Eater 2 outside of Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      It isn't a problem for Sony when you are forced to buy a memory card, in fact it is quite the opposite.
                      It is when a 64 gig card costs ?90 retail, if you can even find one in a shop, same price online. It means a lot of people that would buy more games and keep them on the card can't because of price, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's has the same problem. Sd cards would solve that quite quickly, plus as others have pointed out it was done on the go so clearly not a problem technically supporting other formats.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                        You can get a refurb oled with 12 months warranty from tesco outlet for ?99

linky

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/351026777506
                        There are probably still some OLED's floating around somewhere I imagine that are not refurbs so might have a look. TBH it wouldn't bother me having an non OLED version though anyway.

Hmmm .. must resist ... !!

Comment

I'd be going for the non-OLED, but then the expanded battery life means a great deal to me.

Comment

Plus of course there is more and more crossbuy stuff coming out of late, so buy something on PS4 or PS3 and if it's crossbuy you get a Vita version for free.

Comment

I own both styles of Vita and the slim is better in every way except the screen. Even then it has improvements. None of those black 'smears' that the oled screens seem to have and the touch screen is way more responsive. Knocked loads of time off my 'Smart As...' scores as it recognises the drawn letters/numbers faster and more accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                                There are probably still some OLED's floating around somewhere I imagine that are not refurbs so might have a look. TBH it wouldn't bother me having an non OLED version though anyway.

Hmmm .. must resist ... !!
                                I picked up a brand new OLED one from Shopto for ?125 a couple of weeks ago (and thereby brought my traditional curse on console formats to bear on the Vita). Not sure if they've still got them.

Lovely piece of hardware and more than enough games for me to be going on with for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X