• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Dead Horse and flogging come to mind.
    In Japan the Vita is doing ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Still being thrashed on the regular in Japan by a 3DS that almost isn't even trying at this point.

Vita is as dead as a dodo - let's not try to pretend otherwise.

Comment

Don't hold your breath for a PlayStation Vita successor - so says Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainm…

Won't be a surprise but one of Sony's heads paints a dim picture for the likelihood of a Vita successor

Comment

Kept alive by a bunch of crap shovelware.

Comment

Presumably Nintendo won't be making a follow-up to the 3DS either, if the environment is so unhealthy for handhelds, right Sony? Oh wait, you mean it's unhealthy for a system with no support whatsoever, you WAZZOCKS.

Comment

One of the Vitas main problems is the memory cards ?25 for 16GB is ridiculous and I notice even now the memory cards how their price saw one for ?65 the other day cannot remember what gig may have been 64GB. They should have used SD cards this would have helped a lot as I do not think the machine price is too bad. A shame really such a great design of a machine could not do better, but with mobile gaming at large it has a losing battle and unlike Nintendo Sony don't seems to have released as many big games could be expense to develop as although 3DS is underpowered it Nintendo seems to be able to release some good looking games still, and development budget must be cheaper I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Vita is as dead as a dodo - let's not try to pretend otherwise.
                What part of doing ok, do you not understand ? Not saying it's selling amazing, just making out the point that's selling 'ok 'in Japan and still gets new games made for the system in Japan. Maybe you know better than the Japanese publishers like Square, Koei and the like , but they must be a reason why they are still bringing out games for the system .

Comment

The same thing happened with the PSP. For most of it's life people on this board were proclaiming it extinct, when it was very much alive and kicking. I've just come back from Yodobashi Camera, I was looking for Lego Dimensions stuff but noticed that the Vita section is extensive and had lots of customers browsing (even on a Monday afternoon). The new God Eater game seems to be getting a big push.

Comment

It's sold something like two million units more than Wii U, so not exactly the worst performer of recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                      The same thing happened with the PSP. For most of it's life people on this board were proclaiming it extinct, when it was very much alive and kicking. I've just come back from Yodobashi Camera, I was looking for Lego Dimensions stuff but noticed that the Vita section is extensive and had lots of customers browsing (even on a Monday afternoon). The new God Eater game seems to be getting a big push.
                      Well that's encouraging at least. I'm more than okay with the system getting little to none western support besides indie games as long as we're getting a decent stream of Japanese releases, be that A or B budget games.
                      Lately I've been having a ton more fun with lower budget games like Gundam Breaker, Puyo Puyo Tetris and a lot of Koei games that I'm having with AAA games.
                      The only thing I'm not liking is how more and more games tend to only get digital releases in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by meppi View Post
                        The only thing I'm not liking is how more and more games tend to only get digital releases in Europe.
                        To be honest, the overpriced memory card problem is indicative of the machine's troubled status, and Sony's own internal politics.

I would've had no problem getting a Vita and going digital-only if only the memory cards were a reasonable price - but I've not bought one because I wasn't willing to pay that kind of money.

Comment

What part of doing ok, do you not understand ? Not saying it's selling amazing, just making out the point that's selling 'ok 'in Japan and still gets new games made for the system in Japan. Maybe you know better than the Japanese publishers like Square, Koei and the like , but they must be a reason why they are still bringing out games for the system .
                          Oh, do wind your neck in and pipe down.

Seems like the only one here having any trouble understanding anything is you - no surprise there.

So what if a bunch of mediocre titles that will never see light of day in the west are still being made for the machine in the last country where anybody gives half a damn or less about the machine? Open your eyes and try to comprehend that the Vita is still outsold by 4 units to 1 by a 3DS that is near the end of its own life cycle. It is a flop, plain and simple.

Oh, and LOL at your epic u-turn...we have to put up with you constantly bleating on about how Japanese games don't matter anymore but now what? They matter enough for you regarding a dead handheld to contradict yourself in hilarious fashion? LOL.

What a Joker.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-09-2015, 19:35.

Comment

Oh, and LOL at your epic u-turn...we have to put up with you constantly bleating on about how Japanese games don't matter anymore but now what?
                            I'm just making the point that the system is selling ok in Japan; That may explain why SONY keeps on manufacturing the system and 3rd parties support the system and I'm not contradicting myself at all . The Japanese game market is a runt as the Tokyo game show showed.

Comment

Still hoping the system gets hacked ....would be a pretty awesome emulator machine though the fact it does not use standard micro or normal sd cards is a real pain

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                Still hoping the system gets hacked ....would be a pretty awesome emulator machine though the fact it does not use standard micro or normal sd cards is a real pain
                                Yes it would, think Sony have done a good job of keeping the lid on it though, can't even get card readers for it.

My only moan is the internal battery as I believe some people are having issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X