No announcement yet.

Holiday lineup - Who has the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think we've got a glut this christmas though.. as multi-format owners we really are spoiled for choice... and I don't like picking what games *not* to get...

hey ho.. perhaps I'm lucky that my busted left thumb is keeping me from playing FZero and VJ just now and preventing me from purchasing MKD or Rainbow Six 3 on the xbox, or MM3 or PGR2 or... or... or....

seriously... I could easily spend about 1000 quid on gaming this season... but over the summer spent a fraction of that. Good games sell at any time of year, and I really do think that PoP's release this christmas will actually damage potential sales rather than enhance them.

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually fares better for the xbox and the 'cube as a result of a late january release.

Comment

Highlights on JP PS2 in Nov/Dec :

? R: Racing Evolution
      ? Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
      ? Minna no Golf 4
      ? Kunoichi
      ? Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
      ? Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection
      ? Biohazard Outbreak
      ? Densha de Go! Tokyo Express Version
      ? SNK vs. Capcom Chaos

Too much to handle, Love it!

Comment

Just to add Front Mission 4 to Henning's list. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Comment

I think this Christmas is great for all consoles and multi format gamers there's something for everyone.

If I were to choose one, It'd be the XBox for the fantastic online stuff (Can't wait for the Top Spin NTSC-UK tournament to start ), plus the best version of Prince of Persia and (hopefully) Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch
            Just to add Front Mission 4 to Henning's list. I'm very much looking forward to this.
            Yes, if it wasn?t for the Japanese text overload.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
              plus the best version of Prince of Persia
              Hmm, IGN's head to head said the graphics were best on GameCube with a sharper/cleaner look to it and better textures, although the Prince himself has more polygons on Xbox.

Doesn't really matter anyway, Ubi's good at getting the best out of all machines so it really comes down to controller choice. Listing multiformat stuff seems fairly dubious unless there's a noticable difference (Xiii is online on Xbox).

Comment

[anal] IGN said Xbox verison is the best and it comes with both PoP 1 and 2[/anal]

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch
                  As well as Hyper Street Fighter 2 X and Battle Gear 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Prine
                    [anal] IGN said Xbox verison is the best and it comes with both PoP 1 and 2[/anal]

I said the graphics are best on GameCube. If your Xbox is modded you can play PoP 1 and 2 on it anyway. 8) Weird how PoP2 is only in the Xbox version though.

Comment

I don't wanna say this....

Xbox for me....

PGR2
                      Magatama
                      Rainbow 6
                      Topspin
                      NFS U
                      Prince of Persia
                      XIII

Theres only one game i want for my GC at the mo and thats MKD

Comment

Futile, I'd say.....everyone knows that.....hold on.....I'd have to say that....hmmm....maybe.....

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
                          Originally posted by Brats
                          plus the best version of Prince of Persia
                          Hmm, IGN's head to head said the graphics were best on GameCube with a sharper/cleaner look to it and better textures, although the Prince himself has more polygons on Xbox.

Doesn't really matter anyway, Ubi's good at getting the best out of all machines so it really comes down to controller choice. Listing multiformat stuff seems fairly dubious unless there's a noticable difference (Xiii is online on Xbox).
                          But then the XBox version has DD5.1 and downloadable content too. Given that Ubisoft have been a big supporter of Live, there could be some nice downloads in the pipeline.

Comment

True. Strangely, despite it not featuring online play, it's also "live aware" so people with Live! can see when you're playing it.

Comment

thats a really cool feature i think. Basically it just means that you can still receive friends requests when playing other games.

Comment

Gotcha Force and I-Ninja for the Cube both look excellent and can be bought for ?23 each at Tronix.
                                Them 2 plus Donkey Konga, Bonk, 1080, XIII and Killer 7 out soon mixed with recently released stuff like Mario Kart, Shiki 2 and Billy Hatcher mean I rdckon my Cube will still be getting more play than my PS2 or XBrick.
                                You could even cheat and add GBA Mario+Luigi, Harvest Moon and Fire Emblem to that list if you use a GBA player.

Comment

Working...
                                X