No announcement yet.

Wario Ware/Made in Wario-pure gaming, you must have this now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then, you know what needs to be done. Take this gun, walk over there and... oh wait, you should buy a GBA

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
      I just want to reiterate that this game is honest to God gaming perfection- whole 1 hour train journeys keep going by without me even realising (and with me wanting to stay on the train!).

For me, the game has nigh on endless longevity in beating your own scores and some of the mini games are insanely addictive (muuuussstt stoooop playing paper plane).

If games like Tetris are worth a 10, this surely is as well.
      It will never get a 10 in most places because handheld games just don't get any recognition or respect for some reason. It's shocking that Advance Wars wasn't nominated for a single "Game of The Year" award.

Comment

true.... no handheld game this generation has received a 10. I'm not sure if one will... given the constraints of the system, how can you "revolutionise".

Comment

Originally posted by scottcr
          true.... no handheld game this generation has received a 10. I'm not sure if one will... given the constraints of the system, how can you "revolutionise".
          This isnt edge by the way- not everywhere has the same review scheme you know! In case you havent seen it, here is ours-

10 Genre Defining
          9 Stunning
          8 Excellent
          7 Impressive
          6 Reasonable
          5 Average
          4 Below Average
          3 Tired
          2 Poor
          1 Abysmal

And by the way, Made in Wario wont be getting a 10

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
            Well then, you know what needs to be done. Take this gun, walk over there and... oh wait, you should buy a GBA
            I'll wait for the GB player, I think.

Comment

Just thought i would resurrect this topic as i purchased Wario Ware yesterday and i havent been able to put it down since

total madness, so much fun!!!!

I got accepted to beta test Starwars Galaxies but Wario Ware has taken all my time up

i love it!!!!!!

Well done Nintendo!

Comment

Amazing game... simply brilliant. I haven`t been able to put this down since I got it ages back and by now I must have rinsed at least 60-70hrs of my time on it. Currently I am totally addicted to the Dr. Wario minigame.

Comment

Jus bought it from kempy should be here s00n Can't wait + I get the sticker set...
                  loooooooooooooove the art work very nice .

Comment

I got the UK version of this on friday, this game is sublime i actually lauphed loudly on the bus in my way home and the multiplayer games only require 1 GBA!
                    so much inovation, imagination and originality but how long will this game keep me occupied i think once ive played every game and beaten them it will start to get a little boring but hey that happens to all games at some point

Comment

I just got mine last week clearly judging from my location, I've got the US one and it is videogame crack.

I have a question about it though. There's those individual bits , the games on the grid, where you can beat certain high scores and then you get a flower by the game. I was wondering if you clear all of those challenges, say in the Intro level, does that open something up?

Call me crazy but bidding your time watching Wario jump rope is priceless. And one of the bosses I forget which one is a pretty cool space shooter. Pure Nintendo gaming bliss.

Comment

For once, not being able to understand Japanese is a good thing.

The English language versions make it far too easy to work out what to do. With the Jap import, half the fun was working out what to do and then actually doing it within the time limit.

It's like half the work's already been done for you.

Comment

Not everything is explained there are still some I have no idea what to do. Don't be harshing on Ninty's translators. They got some of the best. Truth be told this game is fun in any language.

Comment

My god! I've never seen so many positive comments about a game before.

You've sold me this game.

I don't know whether to go down to GAME in 4 minutes time for my dinner hour to buy the UK version or to purchase the Jap. import from eBay just for the language that I can't understand.

I can't wait to find out what's so good about it - I am going to trade in Tekken Advance for a discount though, that's for sure. I bought it last week and I'm not impressed.

Comment

Its a great game. If there are still any doubters then please check our our review in the GBA section. If that doesnt sell the idea of buying it to you then nothing will. I agree with Burai, in this instance the game being in Japanese actually adds to the fun rather than impedes on it. Plus the boxart is awesome

Comment

I've just gone down and bought the UK version for the benefit of the questions section that comes later in the game.

Just spent 30 minutes playing it in the McDonalds car park with my seatbelt still on as my dinner went cold.

What can I say that hasn't been said already apart from...

HELLO

OK

HELLO

OK

I've only unlocked the skipping rope jump game so far - but it's nice to see that each game has it's own little title screen and such. The cut-scenes are hilarious too like when Wario flys out of his house, spins awkwardly in the air like a bad flash movie, then dive-bombs back down and lands inside his boombox - I was laughing out loud. A very well presented game all round, you only ever find this with Nintendo nowadays.

This gets a 9 in my book so far. One of the best purchases this year besides TWW and this here big bag of skunk I've got hidden in my desk hoping no one will smell it here at work.

****, I wanna sneak off to the bogs for a quick do - but I've already 'logged out' this morning so if I'm in there longer than 2 minutes it might look a bit suss. I can't leave my stash here unattended either. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X