Clear All

Blur ran at 30FPS and that was aces!

Comment

Confirmed 10 cars and 5 tracks in the PS+ version

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
        Confirmed 10 cars and 5 tracks in the PS+ version

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/...s_and_5_tracks
        i wonder what pre-orders will be like for this, it would be silly to get this before playing the plus version as it seems it will potentially let you play the first bit of the game, and get a good feel for it.

Dose anyone else think this is quite a risky move? the PS+ version of this Could end up doing three things, if its bad there goes the sale, if its average i imagine 5 tracks and ten cars as well as online play will be just about enough to give players there fill before something else distracts them, but if its good it could turn fence sitters into purchasers, seems quite a generous offer but quite a risky one too.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 01-05-2014, 12:54.

Comment

Interesting thoughts. I guess it's riskier than a demo. The optimist in me says that it's not a risk if you know that you've got something a bit special though! I'm going with that thought for now.

Comment

I still think it's gong to be lame. By the time it comes out nobody is really going to care anymore.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This game was originally intended to be a pack-in with the system at launch though, essentially a loss leader to help Sony move more consoles and PS+ subs.

Now that it's been so heavily delayed, naturally they don't want to erode good will by going back on the PS+ version, so I guess they're kind of stuck. If it's a good game and the upgrade to the full version is reasonably priced I could see them getting a decent amount of cash though. Practically every PS4 owner will have the 'diet' version (and a lack of other games, especially racing games, to play) so I could see them at least getting a portion of their money back.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
              By the time it comes out nobody is really going to care anymore.

I think they will. There's a dearth of racing games on the slate for PS4. It may well, however, be very lame indeed.
              Last edited by wakka; 01-05-2014, 13:04.

Comment

How considerate, they have made a informative trailer telling you about the ps+ edition ****ing you over.

Funniest part is they tell you, you can buy the FULL digital version of driveclub, er isn't that what I'm doing if I upgrade the ps+ version to full game? Na, seems not.

Comment

Some good newshttp://www.computerandvideogames.com...-subscription/

Comment

Got to love the power of the interwebs.

Comment

Game will let you microtransact to get new cars earlier. You can't buy in-game currency or fame (gaining a fame level unlocks a new car in the normal course of things) but you can buy a new car before you would otherwise have unlocked it.

Doesn't sound overly terrible compared to some games... but I still utterly detest this being in here. You want to drive the Ferrari but you don't want to put the time in to earn it? Well you won't be driving the Ferrari then I'm afraid. Ever. <--- That's how I'd make the game.

I might have mentioned the concept of the anti-trophy before but if such a thing existed then I wouldn't mind as much. Buying a new car would award the anti-trophy and ensure you could never platinum the game. Also a badge of shame would be present for all to see.

Comment

Couple of new gameplay videos, nice night time driving.

Comment

Looks much better than last time I saw it at TGS.

Comment

I think this is going to be really good, never really liked forza, found it boring and sterile, just really uninteresting. Racing games should be fun, first and foremost. I wish you had main beam headlights, you could dazzle your opponents, there's no real glare in the rear view mirror when you overtake fellow racers.

Comment

Thise gameplay videos do look lovely!

The time of day stuff is especially impressive.

It'd be nice to know what the HUD looks like.

Comment

I bet it will look like a speedo and some other numbers dotted around the screen

Comment

Working...
                                X