No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read somewhere that there were rankings (you'll need online access to find yours I guess), that was up to half a million players in the first 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
      I'm sure it sold well, like how Knack sold well. But I doubt anyone will be getting any awards or approving a sequel.
      I was wondering about a potential sequel myself. It depends on if Sony are stubborn enough, or determined enough to make DriveClub one of their 'pin-up' IPs. The closest example I can think of is something like Killzone, which was never widely loved, but because Sony were so desperate for a Halo-esque platform exclusive, they keep pumping the sequels out.

If they see DC as their Forza equivalent, then DriveClub 2 / DriveClubs is pretty much guaranteed I'd say, regardless of the reviews. Personally I hope they do make a sequel, as it's a good game, just blighted with an identity crisis and completely unfinished. Apart from that.....

Comment

various sources on the net are stating that if you ring up and complain there giving out free driveclub season passes

Comment

I'm hoping they'll be giving them out to day one gullible pricks like me anyway to be honest. Would be a nice gesture for the giant bollock that has been the DC launch week.

Comment

As a mere spectator to DriveClub I've still seen enough to think Sony should step in and do something as compensation for all customers that bought the game. Maybe a free month of PS+ or reduced (or free) Season Pass. This would go a long way towards repairing the situation.

Also there needs to be a meaningful update from the studio or Sony with actual details on the issues faced and the sorts of lead times to sort out. Simply reposting a simple message about how they are working on the servers and apologies for the inconvenience isn't good enough.

I think like someone else noted at the moment DriveClub is the perfect advert for the Xbox One and isn't doing Sony any favours.

Comment

Lack of any proper info from Sony too, on the official blog etc since last Weds, thought they would have stepped in by now to reassure customers, just seems Sony are so laid back on the PS4 front of late.

Comment

It's been absolutely slammed on IGNs latest podcast, and rightly so. Whilst the single player is fun while it lasts (2 days), this situation has started to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/1...-catch-a-break

Comment

I've added the drive club Facebook page and seen the updates.

How's the online game play now?

I'm tempted to buy it and give the game ago or have you all traded it in?

Comment

I traded mine in last week for Evil Within SE, which I'm happy about! However I believe the online is pretty much fixed now, so you should be relatively problem free. If you can get it cheap, I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

Sounds like PS+ version is still a way off

Can see the servers crumbling again once they add in a few more million players overnight. They'll stagger the plus version release if they have any sense.

Comment

I tend to find that online is fine once your connected but it can take around half an hours play before the game will connect

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                          Sounds like PS+ version is still a way off
                          It's now "On Hold": http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dri...b/1100-6423242

Comment

A new message on the Facebook from non other than Shuhei Yoshida himself:

Driveclub. 66,836 likes. Official Facebook Page. DRIVECLUB™ - DRIVE TOGETHER, WIN TOGETHER. Like the page now to keep up to

Basically now saying they acknowledge its bust, but don't know when it will be fixed so forget about the PS+ edition.

Comment

What an absolute mess this whole thing has become, Im sure Evo will get it sorted eventually but the game should never have been released in the state it was. Im a bit surprised that Sony rushed the game out like this seeing how they have done so much right so far this gen, I would have thought that EAs example with Battlefield 4 and Sim City would have been a lesson learned by everyone, but obviously not.

Comment

Why does the gaming industry NEVER learn?

Anticipated games always have huge demand on day one. Nobody likes media features in their console. Motion control is dead etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X