Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
    Have they really run out of ideas to have to bring back Killer Instinct?
    What a silly thing to say. Why bring back Mario after 30 years? Why bring back Street Fighter after 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Why would Microsoft make it for Wii-U?
      To actually stand a chance at selling some copies?
      I hate to break this to you but the WiiU is dying on it's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
        I hate to break this to you but the WiiU is dying on it's arse.
        It certainly ain't doing well, but we'll see in a year how well Xbox One will do and undoubtedly Wii U sales will pick up next year with Mario Kart and Mario 3D. I cannot see a bright future for One at this point, not with that price and not with that attitude towards consumers.

Comment

BUgger just realised this is xbone only

*sighs*

Comment

You can't really trust the pro gamers that have been sampling it either. Most are "sponsored" (employed) by MadCatz who are tied up to produce peripherals in conjunction with the release of the game. Of course they are going to praise it.
            The guy doing the interview in the video at the top of this page isn't sponsored by anyone. He's just a long-term fan of the fighting genre and Killer Instinct. If you watch the video you'll see the questions he asks the games producer and gets some pretty straightforward answers.

Stop creating reasons and listen to what is being explained. That should be your basis for how the game is shaping up.

Comment

To actually stand a chance at selling some copies?

The logo is ****. It looks like something a schoolie would knock up.

Compare it to what was produced in 1993, 20 YEARS AGO:

Not many people would be bothered by that, but If you can't even work out a sweet logo then how will everything else hold together?

You can't really trust the pro gamers that have been sampling it either. Most are "sponsored" (employed) by MadCatz who are tied up to produce peripherals in conjunction with the release of the game. Of course they are going to praise it.
              What, this Logo?

Comment

Short video between Maximillian and KI developer Dave Verfaille of how to create high damage combos in the new Killer Instinct. Makes for informative viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  What, this Logo?
                  No, the one above in white.

Comment

Wow! This is looking pretty decent from what I've seen of it since the initial trailer. It looks like a mash-up of KI and SF4. It certainly looks like a more competitive game than the first KI. The first KI was only good in 1 player and only because it had so many cool stylish bugs to squeeze out extra hits etc, I was obsessed with it in the arcades when it first came out, but lets face it, in 2 player it was pretty terrible. This new KI looks bloody brilliant as a competitive fighter. Im mega surprised how good this is looking! Looks like Americans can make good fighting games after all. It looks leagues ahead of the Mortal Kombat reboot. I'm so confused!
                    Last edited by ExMosquito; 16-06-2013, 06:11.

Comment

Another vid from Max:

Really liking the sound of it, just makes Microsoft's U-Turn even tastier!

Comment

There was always too much ridiculous mid-air juggling in KI for me, which is a bit boring if your on the receiving end of it.

It always felt like the videogame equivalent of this:

Comment

New video showing Glacius, shadow moves, throws and two new stages:

Watch Glacius and Jago go head to head as David and Rich from Double Helix have a good old fashioned grudge match of Killer Instinct.

Comment

Not too keen on his redesign but god I love that voice over still 'C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!'

Comment

Glacius and Sabrewulf stages:

Last edited by bcass; 14-07-2013, 16:29.

Comment

Glacius looks rubbish! Too spiky and angry.

I'm intrigued to see what they have the female characters look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X