No announcement yet.

Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ?35 is reasonable but you just know they won't stop there. Welcome to the future my friends.

Comment

That's the bonus, if you're not bothered about the original KI then ?17 is even more reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
        8 characters, so that's less than on SNES then. What a joke.
        How much was the Snes version and how much is that in today's money?

Comment

Probably something like ?800 with the rate of inflation.

Still, I don't think a fighter with 8 characters is worth even ?17.

Ultra Street Fighter IV has something like 87 characters and it probably costs about as much. And is undoubtedly the better game.

Comment

Probably something like ?800 with the rate of inflation.

Still, I don't think a fighter with 8 characters is worth even ?17.

Ultra Street Fighter IV has something like 87 characters and it probably costs about as much. And is undoubtedly the better game.
            USF4 is 4 years of DLC bundled onto one disc....

Maybe you should wait for Killer instinct to be a 4 year old game before you comment on its price?

Why the hell would I buy Skyrim when I can buy the Oblivion GOTY edition for half the price? That's basically the same logic
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 21-08-2013, 22:33.

Comment

There are far too many useless and repeated characters in fighting games today anyway. Heck SF has Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Gouki, Shin Gouki, Dan, Sakura and god knows how many based on the same move set.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                Why the hell would I buy Skyrim when I can buy the Oblivion GOTY edition for half the price? That's basically the same logic
                You shouldn't play either, they are both crap. You should rather play Baldur's Gate 2 from the year 2000.

Comment

Football games are even worse, they have hundreds of players, all with the same moves!

Comment

The Combo Breaker Pack seems like good value but even at $20 with only 8 characters for a next-gen fighter, cross your fingers that those included are quite unique from each other. Tbh though, from the previews of the first 4 characters introduced it seems like Double Helix are at least trying with making each character play noticeably different to the next one. That was always one of Killer Instinct's biggest strengths; each fighter felt unique in the roster.

Will it sway me to buy an Xbox One at some point? Depends on who the remaining characters will be.

@ Nakamura: yeah Sakura is a Ryu variant but she reminds me much more of Yuri from Art of Fighting/KOF. I always liked her schoolgirl versions of the trademark moves though. At least they didn't call her Ryuko!
                    Last edited by Paddy; 21-08-2013, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Football games are even worse, they have hundreds of players, all with the same moves!
                      Haha you dick!

Comment

The theory I'm using is the standard price on most XBO games is ?50, say I buy the ?17 version and then bolt on future characters should they be released I'd have to buy at least 8 more to meet standard rrp. Would I have bought a retail KI with 16-17 characters? Probably, so I'm not really any worse off. Hell, I was bracing for a ?50 rrp anyway

Comment

The RRP for EAs games are ?54.99!

Comment

8 characters, so that's less than on SNES then. What a joke.
                            There's going to be more released over time though, probably proportional to how successful the game is:

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Priced at ?16.99, representing roughly a 50 per cent saving, the Combo Breaker Pack will come with the game?s first eight characters (six at launch, plus two before their official post-launch release). Meanwhile, the ?34.99 ?Ultra Edition? will include the same characters, fighter accessory packs, costumes and the original Killer Instinct arcade game.
                            Interesting that the first game comes with the full version. Wasn't expecting that. I'm guessting it must be a conversion too as the original arcade version has all the Nintendo branding. Wouldn't mind seeing the second game released as DLC further down the line too. It's pretty shameful that Microsoft haven't released all Rare's non-Nintendo IP N64 games in HD on the 360.

Comment

Orchid teaser at the end of new character reveal.

New character reveal, looks insane.

Sadira

Comment

Does look cool

Comment

Working...
                                X