No announcement yet.

Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, they seem to have completely changed Glacius' face from the original reveal trailer.

Comment

Man KI looks awesome, I really can't wait for it...

Comment

They show some new things the green squares that appear means how many hits a ender would do and they showed there is a breaker for combo breakers aswell.I think its looking really good and everytime they show it there is more stuff
        Things I want to see though. Better text for the hit counter as it just seems dull. Stage finishers where you can knock them off. More stage destructions the 2 new stages did not seem to have as much as the temple. More fancier effects for the ultra
        Last edited by eastyy; 14-07-2013, 18:26.

Comment

I'm starting to feel much better about this.

Knew about the Killer Instinct reveal months before E3 and it was one of the titles I was most looking forward to seeing at E3 - and yet was massively underwhelmed. That was mostly due to the art style /character redesigns and the trying-too-hard voice over - which I think are horrible.

Having said that, the more gameplay videos I see the more excited i'm getting again. I loved the original titles, loved the sheer insanity of them - and the music was amazing. Hopefully the other character designs wont be so hideous, but - even if they are... i'm looking forward to pulling off some ultra combos again ;-)
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Ah man - I love this

This is the main theme for Killer Instinct GOLD on the Nintendo 64. Due to the lesser sound hardware of the N64 as opposed to the original KI2 arcade game, t...
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

the only thing i have not really heard properly yet is the music and that has a lot to live up to as i really loved the music for ki 1 and 2 had the killer cuts cd

i am hoping when the game gets released though its good enough for tournaments what i have seen so far seems like there really trying to make characters different each character seems to have there own specific combo traits.

I am really hoping they just do something a bit more with ultra combos still feel they should look a bit better and hoping they put some gameplay feature so that its encouraged to do ultras (besides the fact they look good) as would love to see them in tournaments

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread, but whats the best way to play old KI these days?? (minus the original arcade board)..

Emulation?? (which emulator??) or SNES??

I'll be honest, I didn't actually play much KI back in the day, but massively hyped regardless!!

Comment

mame is the best way

though have to say killer instinct gold for the n64 while quite a bit cut down is still fun

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    mame is the best way

though have to say killer instinct gold for the n64 while quite a bit cut down is still fun
                    Sweet, will go MAME then, seems I can output it to my BVM with some other bits so it'll be pretty close to feeling like the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                      Sweet, will go MAME then, seems I can output it to my BVM with some other bits so it'll be pretty close to feeling like the original.
                      Let me know when you've got evetything you'll need. I might need some pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Let me know when you've got evetything you'll need. I might need some pointers.
                        No probs, I don't imagine it'll be too difficult to set up!

Comment

Cheers. I'm crap at emu stuff so links would be appreciated!

KI2 on my laptop would be awesome!!

Comment

Avoid the SNES version, it's rubbish compared to the original arcade version. The N64 version is interesting as it has some new 3D renditions of the arcade stages, but sadly a lot of animation frames are missing from the characters making it feel choppy.

The way they did the backgrounds on the original arcade version was pretty unique. I've never seen it done in any other game since. The backgrounds are basically a series of full screen pre-rendered sprites, with each frame displaying a slightly different perspective of the same scene when you move. In the N64 version, they changed this approach and simply rendered the backgrounds using polygons, which didn't look as nice IMO.

I agree about the audio. Audio has also been a vital ingredient to these games. I remember them always being as noisy as hell in the arcades. I was always upset that they decided to remix the music on the Killer Cuts CD. I even contacted one of the composers about it (Graeme Norgate) but he'd left Rare by then and didn't own the rights to distribute the original versions although he had them on DAT. Anyway, he must have eventually sorted something out because he recently released his original tracks (and some previous unreleased remixes) from the game here:

It's a shame that the original composers weren't hired for this project but according to a twitter post from the new composer they are being consulted.

Comment

Well the next character looks like to be chief thunder though no character footage yet

Comment

Can't be long till they reveal Orchids... bloomers

Comment

Working...
                                X