Is it too hot to game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too hot to game?

I don't know about the rest of you but is anyone else finding the desire to play games somewhat lacking with all this hot weather? I know personally I just dont seem to have the energy to sit down and play anything, at least console wise. For one thing my tv gives of so much heat I don't really want it on, I find my hands just get to sweaty whilst holding a controller and I just can sit still for too long.

The only gaming I'm actually enjoying at the moment is my 3ds simply because I can sit somewhere cool to play and it gives of zero heat. Also I'm actually getting some use out of my Wii U with the off screen function. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this?

Maybe you should visit me and capcom_suicide in Bergen, we're having the best summer weather ever! ...he said ironically.

Just got myself a 3DS (white new, packed with Mario 3D for about ?96) and Starfox 3D so I'm good though

Comment

I can barely be bothered to play my 3DS XL.

Sitting playing a bit of TERA though. Not doing much however.

Comment

It's the same every year, the game releases dry up and it's so nice outside, you don't want to game.

I've only got The Last of us to play through but not only is it too hot to play, the game is so grim, I only want to play it on my own to soak in the atmosphere so I've not touched it for nearly a fortnight!

Now has always been the best time to give games a rest or if you're desperate to play, to go through your pile of shame.

Comment

If anything I've played more. Dark games room, fan on max, cold drink... excellent. Hate the summer with its sleepless nights. I'd rather be gaming than slowly stewing in my own sweat building up a tan that no-one gives a damn about I say Come to Me Winter!

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            If anything I've played more. Dark games room, fan on max, cold drink... excellent. Hate the summer with its sleepless nights. I'd rather be gaming than slowly stewing in my own sweat building up a tan that no-one gives a damn about I say Come to Me Winter!
            A true gamer there

Just animal crossing and new style boutique on the 3ds for me at the mo

Comment

lol, I tend to veer towards handhelds, so I can find a comfy spot.

Comment

I can't be ****ed to play games other than the drink as much lager as I can before I pass out game.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just don't have the concentration to do anything deep, end up just failing miserably. I could not believe the amount of heat big screen tv's give off, I have really noticed the difference with it off. Plus pretty much most of the day the sun shines on the tv so can't see anything properly anyway. I'm certainly giving the 3ds some love at the moment. I like to take a drive to a nice cool hillside, 3ds in hand and just play Fire Emblem, quite relaxing

Comment

Concentration is a killer for sure. Far too hot and sticky for me. Went to bed early twice in the past three days because I was too fatigued.

Comment

I can't be arsed to game at night because of all the fun stuff we cram into the day when the weather is this fantastic. I am running every other day, the lad thankfully is like me and is full of even more life when the sun shines. Gaming just feels so.....boring in the summer.

I reached the fall section of Last of Us and have not touched it for 2 weeks because my interested in gaming is nullified when the summer hits.

I hope this summer is looooong.

Comment

Handhelds would be perfect in this weather if it wasn't for the glare on the screen.

Comment

See I have played about an hour of Last Of Us but there is something not quite right about playing a game with this kind of atmosphere whilst baking in nearly 30.c I will go back to it but probably when the inevitable rain comes in August

Comment

It's a bit hot for gaming outdoors here now (in Japan) but in late May, nothing beats a session on a GB Micro in the park, under a tree with a six pack.

Comment

Hot weather??? You bunch of fannys man, in Japan it's 34 degree Celsius (93.2 degree Fahrenheit) and as humid as hell (80%) this is real ****ty hot weather. There is no humidity in the UK and when it's hot it's actually nice unlike here which is a total sweat box. Imagine getting out of the shower and never being dry. That's what it's like here unless you use the air conditioner.

anyway, I'm still gaming. So if I am, then you guys have no excuse

Comment

Working...
                              X