No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur 2 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul games have a horizontal and vertical slash, a kick and a block. Those are the face buttons. You can guard counter (I think that's what it's called) to parry and get a free punish if you can guess the horizontal or vertical slash. Being on a 3D pane makes vertical slashes risky because of the sidestep - so what you're saying above is only half true in my opinion. Not to mention that this game relies heavily on blocking so if you're getting hit randomly with horizontal slashes you should more carefully consider your offense - IMO. I used to play SC2 on the maximum difficult CPU and it got me into the habit of knowing when to block and also guard countering.

When SC4 rolled around when I was facing a friend's mate our games were literally just teching throws against each other and block each others hits. We'd time out rounds both with still +50% left. Was actually really exciting.

I don't think the sex and boobs argument really applies to 2, but it's definitely the start. Just look at Taki's chest through her outfit. Blimey.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      It was milestone more because of how much was added to it compared to the arcade original. Completely new engine and modes, costumes etc added for the DC version. It was unrecognisable from the arcade origin, loading times were great, soundtrack was immense (anyone heard the track Hellbound featuring Eminem back in the day that sampled SC?)

For me Soul Blade/Edge was not much more than tekken 2.5 with weapons, admittedly the PSX port was fun but it aged very quickly IMHO.
      SC1 arcade feels largely the same to me. Its looking a bit worse, but thats about it. Gameplay and animations are identical.

I always felt people overreacted a bit, yes it was better than System 12 (which should've always been the case as Naomi trounces it), just like TTT1 and Time Crisis 2 were improved on PS2. But it wasn't a quantum leap.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 20-07-2013, 21:06.

Comment

The thing you have to keep in mind is that most arcade to console conversions up to that point resulted in the game being worse. For Soul Calibur to make such a jump on the DC was a really big deal and that had a big impact.

Comment

I cant think of any console game conversion of that era (or since) that was such a huge improvement graphically and added in so many home options over the original coinop version.

Comment

Bash, didn't virtua fighter 4 Evo have loads of stuff added to it for the home conversion. In fact Sega Rally 2 had a load of stuff added as well on the DC IIRC...

Comment

KOF '98 Ultimate Match was. It's also at least 26 times better than SC2.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                KOF '98 Ultimate Match was. It's also at least 26 times better than SC2.
                You can't compare them man, it's like chalk and cheese. Both excellent but completely and utterly different!

A KoF '98 HD remake with MvC Origins netcode would be a bit special...

Comment

It falls under all of the criteria of being an improvement graphically and adding in so many home options over the original coin-op version.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

SR2 had content added but it wanna gash port. SC was a superb port from the arcade though. Although arcades were almost dead by then so it was redundant anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X