No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fair bit will depend on what Quest 2 price tag they mean. If it's nuzzling £300 then it'll be pushing the upper range given how heavily discounted Quest 2 is now. Same as you, the lenses etc make waiting it out for the main Quest 3 the default recommendation still.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

so probably won't appeal to people who have a Q3.
      lol why would a budget cut down version of the quest 3 need to appeal to people who have a quest 3 already

It's not for them its here to make the quest 3 hit that sweet price point where it sells to the masses in big numbers again, dropping the pancakes means it doesn't have to run the LCD at full brightness, and they can cut down on the size of battery required, meaning yet another cost saving. Most standard consumers will not have a clue about lenses and what are the pros and cons so its a really sensible move even if tech wise it's a back step.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        lol why would a budget cut down version of the quest 3 need to appeal to people who have a quest 3 already
        I mean, they wouldn't. That's why I said that.

Comment

Sorry, I thought it was funny in an overstating the obvious kind of way

so yeah Meta quest 3 lite press quotes

Techradar
          "the most powerful standalone headset just got even better value"

Asura
          "probably won't appeal to people who have a Q3"

Kotaku
          "Why meta quest 3 lite is responsible for gamergate and the me too movement"

Comment

Had a go on a Varjo Aero yesterday.

Very comfortable. Most adjustable headset I've used. Image quality was fantastic and the resolution looked the same as my Reverb but across the whole viewing area i.e. not just in a sweet spot. I could see the cockpit dials clearly by just moving my eyes rather than my whole head. Really impressed.

Comment

The Pimax Crystal Light has been getting good reviews so far

I could be tempted, but I want to know what Index 2 is going to offer.

Comment

Meta's Biggest Quest Game Finally Gets Graphics Update Worthy of Quest 3 (roadtovr.com)
                Missed this a few days back, Asgard's Wrath 2 finally gets some visual bump

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Meta's Biggest Quest Game Finally Gets Graphics Update Worthy of Quest 3 (roadtovr.com)
                  Missed this a few days back, Asgard's Wrath 2 finally gets some visual bump
                  Unfortunately the scope of these improvements means Enhanced Rendering Features can no longer be used at the same time as the game’s 90Hz framerate mode. Players will have to choose between the two, effectively giving Asgard’s Wrath 2 a ‘Performance Mode’ and ‘Graphics Mode’​
                  I'd stick with a higher fixed non vomit inducing frame rate over a texture pack, interesting that this is a flagship game on quest 3, but they are already admitting that compromises are going to have to be made going forward.

Comment

IO Interactive and UK-based studio XR Games announced they’re bringing a new version of stealth-action game Hitman 3 exclusively to Meta Quest 3 this summer. Hitman 3 came along with VR support for the original PSVR at launch in 2021, later bringing Agent 47’s most recent exploits to PC VR headsets with the Windows version a few …

Hitman 3 VR: Reloaded announced for this Summer exclusive to Quest 3

Comment

Comment

Comment

LG Shakes Up XR Division, Reportedly Putting Meta Headset Partnership on Ice (roadtovr.com)
                          Possible suggestions LG is stepping back

Comment

Working...
                          X