No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different outlets are saying it is becoming the Meta Quest now, but Zuckberg definitely said they were keeping the brand names in the keynote. The presentation was all a bit woolly, so maybe that was clarified later on in a press release.

Comment

Now this is crazy! The Arpara 5k is my first all micro Oled VR headset! And it is tiny at only 200g! I simply had to show you this through-the-lens footage b...

Aparo, 5k Micro OLED, 200 grams, comparatively tiny headset. No built in tracking yet but gonna have Steam Lighthouse and inside out options. Screen door is gone. Things are moving fast in VR now it seems.

Comment

Tech looks good - not sure I'd pick that particular unit up, but really hoping we're going to see an Index 2 from Valve going a similar route at some point. Less bulky lighter headsets are definitely good progress (just not the disappointing HTC Vive Flow - you can still order those, so I'm guessing even the eBay scalpers didn't see the point).
        Last edited by MartyG; 08-11-2021, 17:07.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], I take back some of what I said a few days ago about camera hand tracking:

There's some really exciting stuff going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Hey @Brad, I take back some of what I said a few days ago about camera hand tracking:

There's some really exciting stuff going on.
            I NEED THAT!

Comment

Is Meta’s approach to subsidizing upfront VR headset hardware cost achieving mass market adoption? A comment from the CEO of Quest 2 chip provider Qualcomm suggests the headset formerly known as Oculus Quest 2 is well on its way. Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Amon said during an investor day livestream

Oculus Quest 2 sales have now surpassed 10m

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://uploadvr.com/meta-quest-2-10-million-oculus
                Oculus Quest 2 sales have now surpassed 10m
                It's been a great 18 months for them; I think it goes hand-in-hand with Nintendo's success on Animal Crossing. This is a great situation for VR companies.

Comment

Going out out with mates tonight to "In A Box":

In A Box x3 offers a world where gaming, VR, theatre and film collide with the latest technology to create an immersive 4D VR experience.

It's kind of like a VR escape room with puzzles to solve as you try to escape Chernobyl Reactor 4.

It's supposed to be really interactive with things like heat, smells and shaking floors to heighten the effect.

Chernobyl: Hidden Depths is written by Hollywood screenwriter Jeremy Drysdale whose credits include Line of Duty, The Game and Battlefield 2.

I'll let you know tomorrow how we got on - if we escape!

Comment

"Man, this Escape Room is so realistic!"

Comment

"Final result: 2 of you escaped, but two of you remain forever trapped in the reactor."

Comment

Release date for After the Fall now of 9th of Dec. Looking forward to this one, from the makers of Arizona Sunshine, which was a fun co-op experience.

From the team that brought you Arizona Sunshine® comes an epic VR action FPS with intense co-op gameplay at its core. Team up with friends and take on a hostile VR world filled with ferocious undead--mutated and twisted by the relentless cold.

Comment

That looks cool QC. I did 'The Void' a couple of years back, their Star Wars experience. It was a similar concept - you wear VR headsets and backpacks (presumably containing PCs), and are given plastic guns. You then go through what is effectively a physical maze. It was brilliant, actually. I was really impressed and would totally do something similar again. Curious to hear how you get on with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            That looks cool QC. I did 'The Void' a couple of years back, their Star Wars experience. It was a similar concept - you wear VR headsets and backpacks (presumably containing PCs), and are given plastic guns. You then go through what is effectively a physical maze. It was brilliant, actually. I was really impressed and would totally do something similar again. Curious to hear how you get on with this one.
                            Sadly they went bankrupt during COVID.

Comment

Ahhh, that sucks I didn’t know that. Glad I got to experience the Star Wars adventure they did at least. It was really well done.

Comment

My son bought an Oculus Quest 2 after Christmas and I’m super impressed by it.

For starters, I had no idea you could buy a vr unit that does not require a pc or any kind of base unit. You get the headset and controllers and that’s all you need. No wires or fuss.

I played Beat Sabre on it and a) it’s a brilliant game, and b) the visuals are pretty sharp. The tracking was super solid too.

It’s deffo a gen ahead of psvr but my only issue with it is you need a Facebook account to use it. Other than that is pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X